Bent Boot Strut

Bodywork & Interior problems
LordRorthorn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by LordRorthorn »

Hi,

Not entirely sure how, but my wife has bent one of the boot struts on out 67 Qashqai. She must be strong as I can't bend it in any way!!

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know where they can be bought online or would it be better just to go back to the dealer ??

Cheers

IMG_0864.jpg

Nissan Qashqai 2017 1.2 DIG-T 115. Black. Glass Roof

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well you seem to have a Strong Wife 😁. These Struts do seem to operate very slowly in the winter perhaps more force was used to force it closed. We did complain about ours a couple years back and they were replaced and did operate better.
Personally I would give your Nissan Dealer a try as the part could be defect under Guarantee. There are pretty cheap parts on eBay or for example from SGS - Dave 😉

B18F52A5-E92D-48C6-A806-94130EF99657.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Ask the dealer, they should consider this as poor quality and should be replaced free of cost under warranty. There is no way you could reperform this on any other car. Use this as an argument and ask the dealer to show you in case he will deny to cover this in warranty ;)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!