Anyone Fitted Bragan Side Steps? (J11)

Bodywork & Interior problems
Chrizh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Chrizh »

Bought some second hand side steps and I'm hoping someone here has fitted them. The brand is Bragan as sold here:

https://www.bragan.net/4x4-accessories/ ... strip.html

I've managed to locate the instructions:
The attachment 1.JPG is no longer available
The attachment 2.JPG is no longer available
Problem is, some of the fixings were not included. I can replace the bolts, washers and nuts no problem, but there are a couple of items I'm not entirely sure what they are.

The first one is what's listed as "5. M8 KALIN SOMUN COUPLIN NUT". My best guess is it's these:

1.JPG

https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-a2-s ... pack/5155g

Can anyone who has fitted these confirm?

The last item which is missing is the trickier one. Its the item which is listed above in the second instruction image as NIQA_60_2079_4. I'm short 4 of them. They look like some sort of clamp. I've reached out to the Turkish manufacturers but I'm not hopeful I can get some, so might have to find some sort of replacement. Wondering how key these bits are?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
QQ J11 1.6 dCi Xtronic CVT - Tekna - Solid Red

Chrizh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Chrizh »

Update: so picked up all new bolts, nuts etc. and managed to put the brackets together. Front brackets are dead simple to install as they bolt on using an existing bolt hole. The rear ones were a minor pain. I had to cut away some of the plastic cover underneath the car to allow room for the brackets. There is no existing bolt hole so I had to improvise. I'm not happy with what I've had to do as a permanent solution but it'll suffice until I can figure something else. I had to put only one clamp per bracket for now as the seller never supplied me with all 8. However Braggan have been awesome over Facebook Messenger and are sending me 4 more!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

QQ J11 1.6 dCi Xtronic CVT - Tekna - Solid Red