Bodywork 'dink' repair

Bodywork & Interior problems
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

Well my QQ is 3 months old and today I noticed a small 'dink' in the rear door just below the knuckle. Has anyone used the kits that glue a small plastic fitting over the dent and attach a sliding hammer tool to gently pull it out? I'm concerned it might pull the paint away.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Geordieman, not nice if your QQ is only 3 months from new I personally would not even attempt it, it could all go „Ape Shaped“ even if you are a „Handy Man“ and you will have an eyesore to look at. Why do you not try a Professional (costly) or the „Mobile“ Guys who are cheaper but also do a quick good job and know the „Tricks“. Over here they are called the „Lack Doctors“ I have used them with no problems, but OK there are good and bad everywhere - Best of Luck Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I always use Chips Away for small dinks its not worth the risk of spoiling a new car, if your DIY repair went wrong it would haunt you for the rest of the time you own the car.

As DaveBerlin says, good and bad everywhere, my Chipsaway guy is very good, read the reviews before you select a repairer.

https://www.chipsaway.co.uk/
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I've successfully used a "Dent Master" with no detrimental paintwork effects.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dekton-Vehic ... SwYvFZLFej
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
catnash

Post by catnash »

If your around Swansea try Dentox. Best try some pdr guys. Plenty around, research your area.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
carlgoss
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by carlgoss »

I use a dent puller with glue sticks which is very good but I wouldn't on a brand new car., because although results can be great, pull a bit too hard or not centre the tab quite in the right place and you can over do it. Damn useful on a bit older car though.
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I got a recommendation for a local bodyshop from a pal at my rugby club.
I was able to see some of their "work in progress" and they were cheaper than Chipsaway.
However, I can understand that companies like Chipsaway can visit your car park at work, etc. and get the job done there, saving you time and effort.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

The estimate for a glue pull repair was £80. I have tried something I watched on u tube. I used a hair dryer to heat up the ding area and then sprayed air from a keyboard cleaner spray onto it but holding the can inverted. It has reduced the ding after several goes but hasn't removed it completely.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Geordieman, at least you gave it a try but the problem is still there and is most likely still an „Eyesore“ which you will now get repaired correctly. To me £80 was not a Bad Price - All the Best Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken