Circular J11B front badge? [Solved!]

Bodywork & Interior problems
timid
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by timid »

We just took receipt of a new J11B and the front badge isn't the expected upside down trapezoid shape but is circular instead. We are slightly concerned that it may be from the old model although it doesn't look quite the same as it is still behind smooth plastic/glass. We haven't seen any other J11Bs either on the road or on the internet that look the same. Is this just a recent change or related to an option or should we be contacting the dealership to get it changed? Photo attached.

Thank you.

- Tim

IMG_20180331_123456.jpg

Last edited by timid on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

YOUR IMAGE DOESN'T display for me; you may want to delete original & just add as an attachment & not
select option to display in your post.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I have a J11a, so can’t help.
If it isn’t too far to drive to your dealer it might be quicker to go and look at a car in their showroom.
fwiw if you look at the images on the Auto Express review:-
here http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qas ... pictures#2
does that help ?
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

I believe it depends on the model, according to the Nissan press release last August: https://newsroom.nissan-europe.com/uk/e ... logy-and61
At the heart of redesigned front face of the Qashqai is the latest incarnation of Nissan’s iconic ‘V-motion’ grille, which frames the new Nissan badge. There are two versions of the badge. From N-Connecta it has a completely flat finish; this is because the upgraded radar which forms part of the Qashqai’s Intelligent Emergency Braking (IEB) system is now located behind it. A flat finish allows radar waves to pass through it unhindered. Previously the radar was fitted lower down the grille and to one side. A second version of the badge, contoured in a more traditional way, is fitted to cars without IEB.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tim, if you look at the attached Nissan Data you should see the difference and I do tend to agree with Sandgrounder. But I must say yours is definitely a Round Form which I have not seen. I have looked at loads of photos and have not seen this on the new model, it does look like a J11A one. Not being stupid but is this a UK Version as there is this so called „Country Spec“ that pops up now and again. I would question your Dealer - Dave :)

The Visia is Raised and the Acenta / N-Connecta / Tekna / Tekna + are Flat.

https://www.nissan.de/fahrzeuge/neuwage ... reise.html

B496D36E-65D8-473D-BEE5-3F061AC03A2A.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
timid

Post by timid »

It is an N-Connecta with the Executive and Glass Roof packs and does have IAB.
MikeGC, the car was bought online but we stopped by our local dealer today and all the cars there have the flat trapezoid badge.
Sandgrounder, DaveBerlin, I did think is may be related to spec, but in this case the car does have IAB and so the badge is flat as expected - the glossy part is just round instead of trapezoid. I assume it is a UK model, the steering wheel is certainly on the right though I suppose it could be an Australian import, how could I tell?

The car should be all but straight from the factory and arrived only a week ago, so I'm also wondering if it is just a J11B.2 or something, perhaps the IAB sensor was made smaller.
As we bought it online and saved quite a lot, we've been joking that it might be a cheap Chinese copy! I just wanted a bit of confirmation that it was unusual before contacting the dealer and coming across as an idiot!
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

It might be a minor modification Nissan have introduced to the sensor/badge as you say. I’ll have to keep my eye out for other ‘18’ plate Qashqais to compare.

Is the front-facing camera located underneath the chrome V, as it is on mine? On my previous QQ, it was incorporated inside the Nissan badge.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
jet

Post by jet »

timid wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:45 pm It is an N-Connecta with the Executive and Glass Roof packs and does have IAB.
MikeGC, the car was bought online but we stopped by our local dealer today and all the cars there have the flat trapezoid badge.
Sandgrounder, DaveBerlin, I did think is may be related to spec, but in this case the car does have IAB and so the badge is flat as expected - the glossy part is just round instead of trapezoid. I assume it is a UK model, the steering wheel is certainly on the right though I suppose it could be an Australian import, how could I tell?

The car should be all but straight from the factory and arrived only a week ago, so I'm also wondering if it is just a J11B.2 or something, perhaps the IAB sensor was made smaller.
As we bought it online and saved quite a lot, we've been joking that it might be a cheap Chinese copy! I just wanted a bit of confirmation that it was unusual before contacting the dealer and coming across as an idiot!
Do not worry, timid, yours is indeed the latest ;-)
1.5 dCi MT Premium
timid

Post by timid »

Sandgrounder, the camera is below the chrome V.
Do not worry, timid, yours is indeed the latest ;-)
Any literature or anything that shows that? I'm just curious, not worried about it anymore.
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

I’m just wondering whether Nissan have redesigned the badge for the new ProPILOT Assist technology that’s available as an option on the Tekna models. I’ve just re-watched the YouTube video and taken a screen-grab - the badge looks like the one in your photo:

B4DE3B3A-9B74-4463-ABC4-5EBD248D1FB2.jpeg

https://youtu.be/riV_mU8u2KU
Last edited by Sandgrounder on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.