warning - car mat worn through

Bodywork & Interior problems
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I was a bit shocked yesterday when getting down to remove and vacuum my car mats that it has completely worn away under the clutch - so much so that it's also worn the actual carpet away under the mat and I can now see the underlay.... see pic below. I last vacuumed them only 3-4 weeks ago, I did notice it was wearing a bit thin and made a mental note to get new ones, so this must have just broke through recently.

There is a padded heel rest on the mat, and a heel rest on the carpet itself under the mat, but these appear to be several inches too far back. I think my heel rests on it when driving but when pushing the clutch in it scrapes forward.

Will order some new ones and put some extra padding under it myself in that location.

This was the official J11 mat, only 12 months old.

IMAG2180.jpg

Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, I suppose it does all relate to how often the QQ is driven, Retired short journeys, daily working or business use. Our Carpets are the Nissan Velour Type as we found on our Juke the cheaper version also wore out. Also we have the Nissan High Sided Rubber Mats installed for the 6 month winter period so naturally less wear - Dave :)
There are plenty of offers around for the Nissan Type and am sure from AliExpress the copy ones.
Just as an example :
The attachment 431E1C51-187A-4523-9489-DDC8D14DA04B.jpeg is no longer available
LH Drive Option :
The attachment 9CF6DBD9-2F2D-4E12-AAEE-75B027D0540D.jpeg is no longer available

431E1C51-187A-4523-9489-DDC8D14DA04B.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

The ones I had were the genuine Nissan velour ones, at least I think they were due to the QASHQAI logo. I've just ordered a set of non-Nissan from Amazon for a fraction of the price (£16). Doesn't say QASHQAI, but gets a lot of reviews saying better quality than genuine Nissan. No point paying anymore than that for something that is basically there to get trashed and dirty.

I will put a piece of something thick under that particular area though!
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T