Air conditioning in auto mode.

Bodywork & Interior problems
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I agree with Quackers comments above. I’ve tried running around in cold and hot temperatures with the aircon on and off and to be honest I cannot notice any difference in fuel economy with it on or off.
This is a 1.5dci. My old Renault Megan 1.6 petrol would differ by around 10%.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

GVM,

I dont always notice my wife is spending my money, but I know it happens. Just because you don't observe something, it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

Take a look here http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/node/16740

I quote
"Using the a/c can increase fuel consumption by up to 20% because of the extra load on the engine. The a/c load depends on the vehicle’s interior size, the outdoor temperature and other operating conditions."

So there are lots of variables than can affect everyone's experience with aircon, its very subjective. I just accept that it uses fuel & I only use it when needed.
gvmdaddy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:36 pm I agree with Quackers comments above. I’ve tried running around in cold and hot temperatures with the aircon on and off and to be honest I cannot notice any difference in fuel economy with it on or off.
This is a 1.5dci. My old Renault Megan 1.6 petrol would differ by around 10%.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Daewar, I totally agree there are lots of variables and it is a subjective issue, but I honestly cannot see any difference at all, and I do mean 'at all'.
The only things I do notice are that im always driving in a temperature that is suited to me, and its a constant, and the windows never mist up irrespective of what the weather is doing as opposed to the conditions within the car.