Gear knob creaking

Bodywork & Interior problems
Greedygoose
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Greedygoose »

Just wondered if anybody else’s gear knob creaks?
Only had the car a week and it’s driving me potty.
I read an another post on how to remove it, but no one ever said if they successfully achieved it. Thinking of changing it for a new one but worried I won’t be able to get it off.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Lots of parts on my QQ creak & anoy me loads, but the gear knob is creak free, for now.
Greedygoose wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 pm Just wondered if anybody else’s gear knob creaks?
Only had the car a week and it’s driving me potty.
I read an another post on how to remove it, but no one ever said if they successfully achieved it. Thinking of changing it for a new one but worried I won’t be able to get it off.
Last edited by Deleted User 3871 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greedygoose
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Greedygoose »

Suppose that’s true for most cars. I’ve ordered a new one from someone breaking a qq on ebay. If anyone has successfully removed a qq gear knob any advice will be welcomed.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Greedygoose, is this the Post you read as the instructions are there from Hound but not sure if it is easy to disassemble. It would appear to me that the knob is a “Push Fit” as it states on assembly to place at 30* and then turn, it appears to locate on the lugs and then turned to Lock. You could ask a Friendly Dealer :lol: hope it works out - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4436
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken