Noise from Dashboard/Radio Area

Bodywork & Interior problems
Leighman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Leighman »

The vibrating buzz in my 66plate 1.2 sounds as if it is behind the dashboard. In older times we might have though the speedo cable was the problem :) It is most noticeable when the car is cold. Booked in for it to be looked at in a couple of weeks. Warranty claim number 3 coming up :|

Did they only make these cars on a Friday? Disappointing.

Leighman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Leighman »

I've just picked the car up from the garage. The buzzing/vibration was a loose heater pipe which they have now "secured" - that might be garage speak for a cable tie but if it is quiet then I'm happy.

After three visits to the garage for attention in 18 months I'm looking forward to a few years of trouble free motoring.
Yours optimisticly..............
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

I can only hear your keys like others state but I have had 2 rattles
1. Sounded like it was in the location of the glove box side of radio = Nissan stripped radio out and put some padding on wires ect noise gone
2. Tapping I thought it sounded like a metal on metal = Air inlet under bonnet need wire tie placing in the centre apparently this is common and new cars from factory already come with a wire tie in place.

Not sure what yours is as I could not hear it, but rattles taps are very deceiving you may think it is coming from some where it is not.
The best way to try and record the sound would be to find a long straight road as your video seams like you are making turns so there is the noise of you moving and steering and as said your keys jingling
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

Ok I ripped your sound from the video so I could enhance it and it prevents you looking for the cause of the sound as you can only hear it
I think I hear what you mean
Kind of>click click/tic tic at around 9-10 seconds in the video is this what your hearing ?
After hearing it with just sound now when I watch the video I can hear it clear.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Montytb4

Post by Montytb4 »

Montytb4 wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:35 pm I've been getting a vibrating buzz sound in the cockpit for while on my QQ, to me sounds like it's coming from behind the dash on the drivers sude, but when someone is in the passenger seat they hear it around the gear stuck area!
It only occurs around 1200-2000 rpm, on lower gears, e.g. When launching from lights & then changing up through the gears.
Finally managed to get hold of the service dept at my dealer & got it booked in for a few days to give them chance to work it out...hopefully.
I'll post what they come back with.
M
The QQs been in the to the dealer to look at the noise/vibration, they found the issue - a pipe clip holding one of the pipes onto the heater box & the pipe was touching the body of the box...they moved the clip & the pipe so it wasn't touching & added some more padding as well.
Noise gone :D
M
2015 1.2 N-Tec in Bullish Bronze :-) - Moved on!
2018 1.2 N-Connecta in Vivid Blue :D
Glenn1961

Post by Glenn1961 »

Hi, I have had similar problems and to be honest now ignore, it depends on temperature changes tend to get less noises in the summer when every thing expands if u solve one noise you will hear another one somewhere else, that's just my opinion
saflyfish

Post by saflyfish »

Leighman wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:48 pm I've just picked the car up from the garage. The buzzing/vibration was a loose heater pipe which they have now "secured" - that might be garage speak for a cable tie but if it is quiet then I'm happy.

After three visits to the garage for attention in 18 months I'm looking forward to a few years of trouble free motoring.
Yours optimisticly..............
Do you know how to access this heating pipe?mine might be the problem?