Very slow boot opening

Bodywork & Interior problems
Steve61
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Steve61 »

Strange you don't get the option of a power tailgate on new models.
2023 All New Qashqai Hatchback 1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Tekna (Bose] 5dr Xtronic
Gun Metal Grey

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, Nissan do have the System but unfortunately not included or offered on the QQ. There are “Kits” around but at present I have never actually seen a positive report on the after affects. If you have not seen these old posts it might be worth a read if you are interested - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?t=5445&start=30

viewtopic.php?t=7103
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

DaveBerlin wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 am ThreeSixty, as I have mentioned before our Struts were replaced and are OK in the normal weather but now @ -6*C they are again much slower. I get in the habit of just standing back and raising the Hatch by hand. There are most likely some more powerful Struts around but wether they have the same dimensions is the question and then it is highly possible they could damage the Hatch due to being quicker and more powerful.
Have you tried sourcing a “Cheaper “ alternative to keep you outlay down as it will still cost you @ Nissan €160 - Dave 😉

Here is the Nissan Part #90450-4EA1A as removed and installed on ours.
As an alternative this Ad is from AliExpress but in the UK you could try SGS : https://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts.

BE69CF9F-6ED0-4D47-A77D-A05BD4BA9ABB.png

Thanks Dave for your input. I prefer to have the OEM part , hence going with the Nissan option. Unfortunately it's an expensive route. I will be getting the replacement done tomorrow. It's quite interesting that Nissan has excluded this part & all door hinges from the extended warranty. They have a list of exclusions listed in the extended warranty contract & when you look at them, you would think there's no chance that part will fail. But, here you have it !!
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, just to put your mind at rest 😁. It is now here -3*C and the Tailgate is still a Slow opener, so I thought today I would check the Bonnet Opening which has the Russian Group Strut Kit installed. A month ago the Bonnet opened very freely, but today the opening was very slow so it does appear that Cold has a Major effect on the Strut Opening operation. OK the Hatch is opened many more times than the Bonnet as a wear factor. I do regularly clean our QQ Piston Rods and wipe them over with a WD40 cloth just to get rid of the dirt build-ups also - Best of Luck with yours Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken