creaky drivers seat

Bodywork & Interior problems
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Terry64 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:03 pm I had a creaky drivers seat made creaking noise when I made turns and my weight shifted in the seat, they said it was a loose bolt, I now have the same problem with the front passenger seat and I can not find any loose bolts in that so it is in for service this week and that is on the list of things to be checked.
So it was fixed by tightening said bolt? That gives me hope, I'll go on a loose bolt hunt this weekend!
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

chrisw99 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:03 pm
Terry64 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:03 pm I had a creaky drivers seat made creaking noise when I made turns and my weight shifted in the seat, they said it was a loose bolt, I now have the same problem with the front passenger seat and I can not find any loose bolts in that so it is in for service this week and that is on the list of things to be checked.
So it was fixed by tightening said bolt? That gives me hope, I'll go on a loose bolt hunt this weekend!
Yes on picking the car up they said it was a loose bolt I presume all they did was tighten it up and no more creaks from that seat, but I do not know what bolt/nut was loose.

My passenger seat is making the same creak now and I have checked the bolts that hold seat to floor all seam tight, so it may well be some where in the seat.

Mine only creaked when I was turning corners or going over speed humps or bumpy ground. it mainly did it when turning to the right and my weight would shift in the seat.
It was definatley coming from the base and not the seat back .

Does yours sound like the same kind of problem ?
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
tidyguy

Post by tidyguy »

I thought I had a squeaky seat too, turns out to be the seat belt holder/retainer on the floor. A bit of WD40 helped, but only for a week or so.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Terry64 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:18 pm
Mine only creaked when I was turning corners or going over speed humps or bumpy ground. it mainly did it when turning to the right and my weight would shift in the seat.

Definitely - originally it was only going round corners - so much so that I assumed it was a creaky steering wheel for weeks. Only by chance did I hear it when I leaned to the glove compartment when stationary did I realise it was the seat.

Lowering the seat to a lower height got rid of it, but it was too low for me, I prefer it higher. On the highest setting it is the worse, so fingers are being pointed at the bits that go up/down !

Not had chance to check it yet, had a busy weekend.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Terry64

Post by Terry64 »

chrisw99 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:50 am
Terry64 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Definitely - originally it was only going round corners - so much so that I assumed it was a creaky steering wheel for weeks. Only by chance did I hear it when I leaned to the glove compartment when stationary did I realise it was the seat.

Lowering the seat to a lower height got rid of it, but it was too low for me, I prefer it higher. On the highest setting it is the worse, so fingers are being pointed at the bits that go up/down !

Not had chance to check it yet, had a busy weekend.
Mine is in for service on the 24th and also to look at the passenger seat. so when I collect it I will ask for more info on what the seat noise was and how was the fix.
But they do not like to give to much info away as I found from my driver seat.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights
Kojoty

Post by Kojoty »

Hi
I have problem whit crack sound of my driver seat
Any solution
Peets25

Post by Peets25 »

Really annoying problem on a used 2015 Quashqai Acenta... Easily rectified in the form of Non Flammable Silicone Lubricant spray... Raise the seat as high as possible for easier access, spray and job done. No more squeaks for me :o