Windscreen seal

Bodywork & Interior problems
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

Hi
The windscreen seal on my 2016 Qashai is coming away near the wiper blade area. I will not click back in place.

I showed this to my dealer warranty claims who took photos and said they would send them off over a week ago. Yesterday car was in for a electrical problem all day. The dealer said they cant find any issue with the seal and advise me to book it in all day again just to see the windscreen seal!!!

I am not going tp keep paying £7.50 for a courtesy car insurance, the free insurance has an excess of £700!!

I as much as i love my car, i am getting fed up with the poor buidl quality, i seem to be almost every other month in for some warranty work.

Anyone else had issues with the windscreen?
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine

trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

It seems to be a regular problem, when I was buying mine last July I noticed two others with the plastic seal coming away from the screen.
I was near to buying one of them but the dealer (Lookers) didn’t appear to concerned about it, I luckily settled on the one I have which was ok and still is.
S.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Terry64
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Terry64 »

beetroot42 wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:43 pm Hi
The windscreen seal on my 2016 Qashai is coming away near the wiper blade area. I will not click back in place.

I showed this to my dealer warranty claims who took photos and said they would send them off over a week ago. Yesterday car was in for a electrical problem all day. The dealer said they cant find any issue with the seal and advise me to book it in all day again just to see the windscreen seal!!!

I am not going tp keep paying £7.50 for a courtesy car insurance, the free insurance has an excess of £700!!

I as much as i love my car, i am getting fed up with the poor buidl quality, i seem to be almost every other month in for some warranty work.

Anyone else had issues with the windscreen?
Only £7.50 my dealer stings me for £10 or the excess is £750 got love how they turn that free courtesy car into a cash cow.
The reason they want to keep it all day is so they can look at it as and when they want/can, they will be doing time planned work and your car will be a looked at where they have a gap.
Qashqai ACENTA 1.5 DIESEL , INK BLUE, Chrome Mirror caps,Tailgate Lower/Upper Trim,Front Lip Door side Strips Front lower grill, Bonnet struts,Puddle light + Footwell lights