Wet driver's floor

Bodywork & Interior problems
Nissandolly
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Nissandolly »

I have a 1.5 NTec 62 plate. Only had the car 4 months and have noticed the driver's foot well underneath the mat is wet and the car smells musty. Have managed to dry it out but it has happened again. The inside of the windscreen is wet too in the morning. I have it booked in at Bristol Street but if it is a blocked air con hose or if the hose has come off I will be charged as hoses arnt covered in warranty. Does anyone think it could be a blocked hose or if it has come off and how do you go about fixing it yourself is it an easy job or could it be something else? Any thoughts appreciated.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I had a Skoda Fabia and eventually traced the cause of the wet drivers floor to a displaced door seal at the bottom corner of the windscreen.

You might also check the pollen filter.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Nissandolly
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Nissandolly »

Thanks, It's not the pollen filter but good idea about the door seal as I had air con on for half an hour going home last night (freezing this time of year) and the floor was dry when I got home but I could not see any water drainage on drive, will check out door seal with watering can this weekend and try and locate the drainage pipe underneath car to see if it is blocked.