Cleaning car with scratches and a few scuffs

Bodywork & Interior problems
KIM10
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by KIM10 »

New to the road so I have never cleaned a car and I Really like my qashqai but mainly I want to know how to make the scratches less noticeable and prevent future damage when cleaning
My car with scratches and a few scuffs what products are best and what methods

Tips please

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

G3 compound is excellent at removing swirls & scratches; after use then use something like Autoglym
Ultra Shine
When washing, regularly dip your sponge back into shampoo, so the sponge
has as much grit washed out as possible.

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/p/ ... ight-tint/?
552980930&0&cc5_105&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuOXuuMPS4AIVz7XtCh0pbQCgEAQYAiABEgL_-PD_BwE
YouTube on G3

and
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-Ult ... :rk:2:pf:0
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

This subject has the probability to run and run, with a myriad of differing offers of help and advice. Ask 10 people and you'll most likely get 9 differing views. Stuff like this is really a personal choice, dictated by cost, effort and time spent looking after your vehicle. Cheap products used frequently can be just as good as the more expensive ones used less frequently.
Try using the search button at the top of the page as there is quite literally a wealth of info already discussed on this matter.
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

Autoglym is about the best out there, I usually apply a good coat of it when I first get the car.
But do follow the instructions, one body panel at a time and not in direct sunshine.
S.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just as gvmdaddy has mentioned this is a very personal subject on preparation, how it is done, what is used etc...... as also mentioned use the “Search” Area for the Old Posts. There is advice and videos on YouTube on polishing techniques which you could take a look at. This was a recent post where I stated what I used but again other members have their own ideas - Best of Luck just give it a go Dave 🙂

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=7925
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Greg86
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Greg86 »

If you just want to make the swirl marks and scratches less noticeable use a glaze or wax with fillers, they will temporarily fill the marks but over the course of a week of 2 they will become visable again. Ideally before applying these you will need to chemically and physically decontaminate the paintwork

The only way to permanently remove the marks is to get the car machine polished. You could attempt it yourself but you would need to purchase a fair bit of equipment and dedicate a bit of time, seeing as you don't have any experience in detailing I wouldn't advise that as you could potentially make it alot worse.

If I was you I would search your local area for a good car detailer or high class valeter who would be able to discuss the options. Bear in mind machine polishing a car is not a cheap job, if someone says they can do it for £100, run like the wind.
2015 QQ 1.5 dci Ntec+
Nightshade
Team Heko wind deflectors
Hard wired Nextbase 212 dash cam
Gas bonnet strut kit
Debadged rear
Mud guards
LED strip lights in boot
PIAA dual tone horn
3D Gel numberplates
LED headlights