LED Door Lights

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

The Bicycle Season has started here in Berlin which is a Rave place for the Bikers, there are Bike Lanes & Regulations but so what is the attitude!. I had a near miss on opening the door last week early evening with a Delivery Biker (Fast, Tight Schedule, No Time, but just got the Finger). Although I have Door Reflectors, I thought I would source some simple LED’s just to hopefully improve things - Dave :)
So I ended up with these :

IMG_1886.jpg

These Red Strobe Flashing Lights have Magnetic Waterproof Wireless Anti-Collision Safety Warn Lights from th Co. Orbeor in a Pack of 4 inc. 4 Lights / 4 Batteries / 4 Magnets / 4 3M Sticky Discs and purchased from Amazon for €9,56 (8 Pound). These Lights are Wireless Design, High Tech Component Sensing, Water Proof to IP65. There are 3 Flashing Modes 0-7 secs / all LED rapid flashing 7-60 secs / each LED will sequential flash 60-110 secs and then when the Door is opened the Red Light flashes rapidly giving a warning to the Rear and then times down to OFF. The construction is a Clear Base with the Electronics and a Battery CR2032 which slides in and is then screwed to the Red Lense Cover which is 2,8 cm Dia x 0,8 cm in Height and the Magnet 1,6 mm

IMG_5338.jpg

IMG_5340.jpg

I thought the Installation would be simple but because of the very tight Shut Lines between the QQ Doors and Frames the Space was just too tight. So another option was found which seems to work. It needs time to position these as the problem is the QQ Forms are all radii and there are very few straight faces to use as a datum face – in the End Job Done, Frustration has gone Fronts only at present as a test and they work.
A Magnet is positioned on the Door Frame with 3M Double Sided Tape and the Red Light Assembly attached to the Door also with 3M Tape, when the contact between both is broken (Door Open) the Red Light will Flash for the given time and then shuts off. The alignment of both parts has to be pretty good to work.

IMG_7490.JPG

IMG_7492.JPG

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

Might well be of interest for a minimal outlay :lol:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Billgo

Post by Billgo »

I got the "auto locking module" a few years ago. This plugs into the OBD socket. When any door is opened the indicator lights flash alternately , giving good warning to anyone approaching from behind. The flashing continues for perhaps 12 to 15 seconds, or until the door is shut.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

£5.99 on amazon Uk. Search automatic wireless led car lights
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Scimitar, as mentioned what I purchased was from Amazon and Yes there are cheaper versions also there from £3,86 up to £15 although I was not looking for a cheap price, I just wanted a set to test. All versions appear to be the same or very similiar with a different Manufacturers Name - Dave 😉
This is the simple installation procedure :

A9B68524-0C9A-4FFB-A4B5-25DE17F4D2B1.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken