Pollen filter location in a RHD 2017 N-Conn Dig-T

Bodywork & Interior problems
Steamer45
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Steamer45 »

Hi
I wish to change the pollen filter to an active carbon filter, and have been scratching my head as to where it is located in a RHD vehicle.
Yes Dave, I have trawled through all the topics on polllen filters and most are about dealers charges to fit. No one it would appear has described on the forum how to fit the said filter in a 2017 RHD vehicle.
All the YouTube listings are shown for J10 LHD vehicles.
You are now going to say it’s still under warranty so get the Nissan agent to change it!. If what is shown on YouTube is correct, ie removing the glove compartment and also removing the pedal box, then I doubt my agent will have done it, he would just tick the required box on the service sheet.
Surely someone with a British car must have changed a pollen filter by themselves?
So is the access to remove the pollen filter on the left hand side or is it on the right hand side? Please can someone tell me before I tear out what hair I have left!
Roger

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Use this as reference, but switch orientation to a UK drivers footwell:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Roger / Steamer, are your comments referring to me, because I am saying nothing on the critics !

This video does say a 2015 J11 QQ :
Our‘s is a LHD and just recently I got our Dealer to re-install an ACF and I can remember seeing the Service Guys Rear on the Right Side of the QQ and laying underneath the Glove Box, job was done in 5 mins.
Is this YouTube video of any use to you as to me it looks like a J11 and laying under mine it looks similiar - Dave 🤨

Nissan Qashqai J11 2015 Pollen/Cabin Filter Replacement :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Steamer45

Post by Steamer45 »

Thank you Dave and Gel
I will now try to lever off the right hand plastic panel at the side of the pedals.
Roger.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Guys, I have just replaced my standard air filter with an activated charcoal item https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/507700349using the above youtube video. Doing this I noticed something else, this is what I put in the youtube comments. The final part of my reply is the main point I'm trying to put across.

My filter looked similar to yours, it was in quite a state. I have fitted a new activated carbon filter using your example but also noticed there was another similar access door on the other side of the heater unit. Before I started I opened the door & I could not see any filter inside so just closed it, now after I fitted the new filter I can see the end of the new filter. I guess this shows that my new filter is fitted correctly.
So, the bottom line is to also open the flap at the opposite end of the heater & check your filter is visible.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a comment to add to Daewar’s. Yesterday I booked at our Dealers for our QQ’s 2nd “Major” Service and I specified the exchange again to a “Carbon” Pollen Filter which we have had installed for one year now. There is a Broschure available from Nissan on their “Premium-Pollenfilter” which I have in German and I cannot find an English version - Dave 😉
If this Carbon Filter is of interest there are several “Posts” on this subject under “Search” !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken