MK1 REAR LIGHT PROBLEM - HOPEFULLY SIMPLE SOLUTION

Bodywork & Interior problems
jbo
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by jbo »

Hi,

First time poster so please excuse any forum etiquitte i'm not adhering to.

I have a 2010 mk1 qashqai 1.5 dci and am having problems with the rear lights on the driver side.

You know how the indicators blink fast when your inside the car when a bulb is gone? Well this happened once and we noticed it was the indicator bulb on the rear driver side. I put the hazards on and then removed the rear light to see if it was a loose wire / connection and straight away noticed the connection wasnt 100% tight so pushed it together and it started working again. Put the light back in - fine for weeks. Then it happened again. Removed the light again, this time connection still in but if i moved the wire from left to right, the bulb would start working again. This time I held the wire in a position so the light would stay working on put some duct tape on it to hold it in place. After a few days it went again. Its obviously a dodgy wire leading to the bulb holder or something with the connection between wiring loom and bulb holder but can't seem to keep it working for more than a day or so. If i buy a new rear light it looks like it doesnt come with a new bulb holder - just the lens casing. also, can't seem to see any wiring looms for the rear lights except for rear number plate bulbs.

anyone have any advise or ideas?