Water in door well

Bodywork & Interior problems
Brumbrum

Post by Brumbrum »

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has noticed this in their Qashqai. When it rains I'm noticing water gathering in the passenger door wells. It's not getting into the inside of the car but gathers where the passenger door and car meet. I'm concerned as could this rust over time? Anyone noticed this?

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

It could be that this is how water passes through the door.The Yeti i recently replaced with the QQ was pretty famous for covering your feet in water when you opened the door.It had drain holes in the bottom of the door. I haven't looked but it might well be the QQ is the same, although if that is the case i'd expect it to be equally the same on both sides of the car not just the nearside.
Nissan no more...
korky

Post by korky »

It's similar on my Audi....but as soon as I open the door the drain holes seem to drain.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I suppose the best way to find out where the problem lies is to wash the car, rather than get wet next time it rains...
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Brumbrum

Post by Brumbrum »

Its seems to just sit in doorwell , maybe some is draining off but some certainly remains . There doesnt seem to be air getting at it to dry it off so wonder could it rust over time?

candjharvey

Post by candjharvey »

I have noticed fresh / rain water that drips from the bottom plastic trim of both front doors. When I prise the plastic edging trim a little wider the water flows freely ( aprrox 1/3 cup sometime). I have put draught excluder tape around around the front door seals in order to minimise water flowing along the channels and down into the doors. I am also monitoring when I use aircon and when I dont as there has been mention of the Aircon drain pipe ending in the vicinity of the front footwell.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

candjharvey, I can really appreciate that if you have a water problem finding the source is a major headache as water finds it's way out everywhere. What you are doing is probably what I would do try to find it and correct it. But really is this not the work of the Dealer to find, correct and report back these type of problems - hope you correct it ! Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken