Speedometer Glass (Instrumental Panel)

Bodywork & Interior problems
Lusky
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Lusky »

DaveBerlin wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:55 am Thanks for that information that is worth a try at that price, I need to order some stuff from Amazon so I will get a tube - Dave ✅

F88A34F0-B8E4-47F8-90EF-02330C21E584.jpeg

I was sitting in the QQ this week just looking at the Instrument Covers and they appeared smeary and scratchy. I wiped them over with a soft cloth and then used a Lidl W5 Glass Cleaner which was lying around and after drying to me the appearance was better.
Dave did you get some of this and did it work, got some light scratches and what looks like a small scuff / stain, was thinking of trying it.
2015 QASHQAI N-TEC + DIG-T 5 DOOR HATCHBACK PETROL. BLUE.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lusky, sorry No. I still have it on a list to order later, unfortunately at present a „Nice to Have“. At that price it is worth just giving it a try - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Lusky

Post by Lusky »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:39 pm Lusky, sorry No. I still have it on a list to order later, unfortunately at present a „Nice to Have“. At that price it is worth just giving it a try - Dave 😉
Thanks Dave, was hoping you would be the guinea pig lol, wanna try it but don't want to make it worse.
Lusky

Post by Lusky »

DaveBerlin wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:39 pm Lusky, sorry No. I still have it on a list to order later, unfortunately at present a „Nice to Have“. At that price it is worth just giving it a try - Dave 😉
Hi Dave,
Just to let you know I took a gamble today having read that silver polish can be used to polish and remove scratches from plastic and gave it a try. It really does work and very well. A small amount on a cotton cloth rubbed into the affected area for a few minutes before wiping it off with a wet cloth and finally buffing with a lint free cloth. Its got most of the scratches out and given the panel a great shine. I didn't want to over do it or push my luck so next time I clean the car I will go over it again with the Goddards polish.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lusky, Good Information Thanks for the update, options are always worthwhile - Dave 👍
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken