Passenger Mirror Not Opening-Quirk Or Design

Bodywork & Interior problems
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

I think I've read every 'Mirror' post there is and can't find anyone with the same issue.

Basically our passenger side mirror doesn't always open. Now, I've set them to Open On Ignition and On Unlock Doors and either way 'MOST' times the mirror stays closed. Occasionally it will open but usually I have to use the switch on the door to open/close them a few times until it comes out. It ALWAYS closes correctly just problems on opening.

Anyone come across anything similar? If it NEVER opened it could be an easier find/fix than just an erratic fault.
2010 Acenta 1.5 dci (Sold)
2016 N-connecta 1.2 dig-t (Sold)

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Not heard of this one - suggests a fractured wire or dirty contacts somewhere?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

Could be, strange it only happens sometimes 🤔

Unlocked it today with the key and it opened perfectly! 🙄
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Turvey, our 2014 model did not have the closing mirror function so we had the Nissan Conversion Kit Installed and it has never missed a beat. What I do on a regular basis is to give the base of the mirror where it swivels a dose of WD40.
Just a Tip, here at present in the mornings we are already down to -5C and our Dealer always recommended to leave the Auto Closing Mirrors “OFF” in the winter time, if not you will hear the crunching sound of the Plastic / Ice, not sure what temps you get on your island though - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

Dave, I'll give it a squirt of WD40 and see if that helps(won't do any harm I suppose) but I think it's more of a wiring/electronic fault ie today it opened with the fob but not the door button......again. I'll just keep an eye on it over the next week or so and see if there's a pattern.

Regarding temperature, we're lucky in that being a small island in the Northern reaches of the Gulf Stream we don't really get much minus figures, lots of wind and rain instead!