CAR Wash Products?

Bodywork & Interior problems
Mostyn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mostyn »

I wash my car every now and then; not too fanatical about it , but do like a clean car. WHAT car-wash-products do you recommend to use when washing your car?? I've used Car-Plan for years but find that it's lost it's staying power in the bucket of water, (need to use a lot more than I used to) so need to find a Car wash product that lasts and makes the car look good after washing; oh, and I don't believe in paying over the odd's for wonder products. Any recommendations?
Thanks.

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Anything that is even partially similar to pic today (below) is a non washing operation for me. Thats about 4 days like that so far.

After that its as little rubbing (swirling) as possible. And now there's a lot of dust about.

2020-03-26_094806_meteoradar.co.uk.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

calnorth wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:51 am Anything that is even partially similar to pic today (below) is a non washing operation for me. Thats about 4 days like that so far.

After that its as little rubbing (swirling) as possible. And now there's a lot of dust about.
Your right! where did it all come from? washed the car yesterday it looked beautiful, bit of frost this morning , but the car was covered in (stubborn to remove ) spots. Just used some glass cleaner on windscreen windows and mirrors to remove them; also pan roof, it was a bit of a task to remove them. I'll leave the bodywork until the next wash. But definitely need to use a different car wash product; no more car-plan.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Mostyn wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:03 am
calnorth wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:51 am Anything that is even partially similar to pic today (below) is a non washing operation for me. Thats about 4 days like that so far.

Your right! where did it all come from? washed the car yesterday it looked beautiful, bit of frost this morning , but the car was covered in (stubborn to remove ) spots. Just used some glass cleaner on windscreen windows and mirrors to remove them; also pan roof, it was a bit of a task to remove them. I'll leave the bodywork until the next wash. But definitely need to use a different car wash product; no more car-plan.
I went away from Car Plan...think I had it too long. So am trying AutoBrite products...in small amounts...max 1 ltr

Autobrite Banana Gloss Shampoo 1:500 dilution
Autobrite Cobalt stuff.
Similar for wheels/upholstery. No shining stuff as get blinded from sun reflections off surfaces.
General glass cleaner or white vinegar solution/newspaper....often. Cheapo white vinegar from Asda.

Seems to clean ok...but no harsh rubbing/swirling. Clean car about once per 2 months if its not splattered with stuff. And not in the sun.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Just looked at Auto Express Reviews for car shampoo and Halfords Wash & Wax came out on top; auto-glem was second.

I used a vinegar based window cleaner this morning. the old remedies are sometimes the best, Vinegar and news-paper was all we used in the 60's and 70's - then we got all these magical products for use on the cars.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is a coincidence just popped in for lunch and read this post. I have been discussing the state of our cars with our neighbour (2M) and he had just been to an Auto Wash. the cars are covered in what you describe, it’s just like sand and normally this stuff comes over from the Island 😂
Anyway my priority today was to clean the Windows Outside / inside & Panoramic Roof with Water for the 1st Time (Dec Delivery), Leather and then give a Dose of Rain-X / 2 in 1 Windscreen Cleaner. I have been using this stuff for around 20 years now and I like it - Dave 😉

Rain-X Europe : https://rainx.eu.com/

DC65AF3F-748C-4051-9230-8AA18399DBAF.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Dave...have seen that Rain-X stuff here a few times. Of course the web is all +/- about it. I'll likely give it a go as I note the wipers don't wipe quite as clear as I'd want...no matter what I do. Probably greasy stuff stuck on the screen, or my eyeballs?

This guy rages about it.... :oops:

1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colin, I would recommend the Rain-X and give it a try it is not that expensive and convenient through Amazon. Now the Wipers I have never been impressed with the Nissan Wipers and normally change to Bosch Aerotwin Wipers or Blades. I normally buy a Set now with Spare Wiper Strips so you can change the old blades, pretty easy job it’s all on the Forum. I have attached the older posts which might be worth a look at - Dave 😊✅

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2331&hilit=Bosch+A ... =70#p61281

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2331&p=45055&hilit ... des#p35069
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

Amazon :
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Love this stuff as an after wash / polish. Turtle Wax 53139 Hybrid Sealant Hydrophobic Spray Wax Fused With Carnauba https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q3DC471/ ... 11_TE_item

I quickly/lightly dry the car after a wash with a microfibre towel, then quickly spray and dry the car fully with a fresh microfibre towel. The paint feels like the car just got polished.

This stuff works on a wet car, so no worries about getting watermarks.

Works great on windows as well. I've even used this on the house outside windows to great effect.

google reviews here https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... bic+review

Mostyn wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:09 am I wash my car every now and then; not too fanatical about it , but do like a clean car. WHAT car-wash-products do you recommend to use when washing your car?? I've used Car-Plan for years but find that it's lost it's staying power in the bucket of water, (need to use a lot more than I used to) so need to find a Car wash product that lasts and makes the car look good after washing; oh, and I don't believe in paying over the odd's for wonder products. Any recommendations?
Thanks.