Wiper Arm Nut

Bodywork & Interior problems
dptelford
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by dptelford »

Good evening,

I’m new to this, so apologies in advance.

I have a 2010 Qashqai - 1.5 Acenta. I recently did a repair on the wiper motor, having to remove the wiper arms/plastic trim.

Whilst putting the wiper arm back on (or attempting to), I dropped the nut into the oblivion (engine bay) and couldn’t find it.

Can someone advice on size/ thread?

Thank you in advance.

Dave

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome to the Forum ! Why do you not try a rough measurement or even a correct one with a measuring instrument such as a Vernier Gauge, just to give you a rough or in fact accurate size if possible. I personally would go to a Hardware Shop and get a Range of Nuts eg M8 / M10 / etc as they must only be penny items and the problem should be solved. Or you could ask your friendly Nissan Dealer - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

dptelford wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:14 pm Good evening,

I’m new to this, so apologies in advance.

I have a 2010 Qashqai - 1.5 Acenta. I recently did a repair on the wiper motor, having to remove the wiper arms/plastic trim.

Whilst putting the wiper arm back on (or attempting to), I dropped the nut into the oblivion (engine bay) and couldn’t find it.

Can someone advice on size/ thread?

Thank you in advance.

Dave
The nut you droppd may be resting on the bottom of the engine tray. So if you have car ramps you can remove it to have a look. Or you can measure the size of the nut you'll still have on the other front wiper blade arm 😀