Chrome window trim removal

Bodywork & Interior problems
STAFFY
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by STAFFY »

Hi there, was wondering if anyone had any idea how to remove all the chrome trims around the window of the J11 Qashqai as I was wanting to change the colour of them.

If there was a video demonstration someone had that would be much appreciated if not simple instructions would be great thanks!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Staffy, welcome to the Forum. I have attached a Nissan Diag (80820-4EA0A) which shows the Door Window Strips (left side view). It would appear that the Lower Strip is Fixed with Double Sided Tap & the Top Radial Formed Strip appears to be Fixed with (2x) serrated push in plugs.
It might be worth a chat with a Nissan Dealer or Body Shop before any possible damage is done as a double check.
I can remember adding Window Chrome Strips to our Nissan Juke from ”VMaxx” Germany and these used 3M DS Tape. You can most probably obtain these Strips also from AliExpress or Carid in the US but I do not think in Colors - Dave 🙂

FA10B45C-58A7-4799-A505-05A4B7E3BACB.png

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
STAFFY
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by STAFFY »

Hi thanks for prompt reply.

Double sided tape? Is that really how it's held together :? I wouldn't have thought that at all...

Well that's a bit annoying. I was hoping it would just be a matter of clips so I can unclip and respray or wrap them.

Maybe I might have to do a little bit more investigating first on how I can do this!

Any tips and tricks would be appreciated if anyone has any!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Staffy, if you read this recent post it will indicate just how much of a car is stuck together with Double Sided Tape. Could be some Trial & Error needed - Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken