New owner: 08 Plate: Mirrors, Key Ignition, Heated Seats

Bodywork & Interior problems
Fenix187
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Fenix187 »

Hi All,

I am a new happy owner of a Nissan Qashqai Tekna 08 plate. Just wanted some assistance in fully working some of the functions that the car comes with.

1. The mirrors are electric and the switch can be moved to three positions. Fold, unfold mirrors and middle/neutral position. However I wanted to know was, does the mirror auto fold in when the car is locked when leaving the vehicle?

2. I can enter the car by key-less entry, however the car still requires the key to be entered into the ignition. However during my test drive I carried it out without even the key being inserted. I just twisted the ignition.

3. The heated seats again seem to be very slow in warming up and takes time and just not warm enough. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance for all responses.

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Fenix187 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:02 am Hi All,

I am a new happy owner of a Nissan Qashqai Tekna 08 plate. Just wanted some assistance in fully working some of the functions that the car comes with.

1. The mirrors are electric and the switch can be moved to three positions. Fold, unfold mirrors and middle/neutral position. However I wanted to know was, does the mirror auto fold in when the car is locked when leaving the vehicle?

2. I can enter the car by key-less entry, however the car still requires the key to be entered into the ignition. However during my test drive I carried it out without even the key being inserted. I just twisted the ignition.

3. The heated seats again seem to be very slow in warming up and takes time and just not warm enough. Is this normal?

Thank you in advance for all responses.
1.mirrors do not auto fold on the car only from 2016/2017 on the tekna, i`m sure there is a kit that you can fit that allows auto fold to be added to your car.
2. if you have a little button on the driver door handle just press that and the door should lock/unlock
3. i`ve never used my heated seats but you have a low and high setting try the high setting as would imagine it will warm up quicker
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Andy is right there is a kit you can get for auto fold when locking/unlocking the J10

2. You have to press the brake before being able to turn the ignition on without inserting the key into the ignition. If you put the key into the ignition it will turn without the brake being pressed.

3. The pads could probably do with replacing by sound of it, changed some on j11 with that issue the heat up with in 30 seconds and they get hot after replacing them. Before replacing them I waited 2 minutes and I could only just about feel some warmth in the seats and they would never get hot on high setting. Not a nice job to replace though wouldnt recommend it to any DIYer.
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

eBay item number:283383610367
is for the autofold mirror kit ;-)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Fenix, there is a very long Old Post below regarding the Auto- Fold Mirrors. We had a 2014 Tekna and this was not included on the earlier models so we had the Nissan Kit Installed which worked fine until we sold it end of 2019. I am not sure if there is a Kit for the J10 as this does not show up on the Glyn Hopkins website. Might be worth a Buzz and ask or try AliExpress or other website.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=501

EF9764D7-A877-4EA3-B20E-96DBE60C738F.png

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Fenix187
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Fenix187 »

Thank you all for the responses. Very overwhelmed with the responses from everyone. So thank you. Will try all suggestions.