Parking Sensors when towing

Bodywork & Interior problems
Clarky94
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Clarky94 »

I have a 2017 1.5 Tekna diesel face lift Qashqai - I have a factory fitted tow bar, the issue i have is when i have my trailer hitched up and put the car in reverse the parking sensors go nuts - is there anyway to switch this rear sensors off when or should it happen automatically when a trailer is connected
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Clarky, take a look at these old posts they might help your problem - Dave 😉

Looking for a bit of help with the Nissan towbar electrics : viewtopic.php?t=8490

Parking sensor button : viewtopic.php?t=5968
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

I tow with my QQ also, and have the same problem, but for the amount of reverse used, I put up with it to the point when I just turn the sensors off.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Have no idea what Nissan install but aftermarket goes this way:

I note that the installation kits have options for parking/reversing sensors. To have or have not a disabling function....as in this instance

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/Wiring_instru ... 041DHU.pdf

Options relate to this:

Dedicated Wiring Kits

Dedicated wiring kits are made to fit a specific car make and model. Unlike universal kits, dedicated kits work in coordination with the vehicles existing electrical system allowing it to run as functional as it was intended to by the manufacturer.

The advantage of a dedicated wiring kit is that the vehicle will know when you are towing and will automatically adjust the following systems (only if the vehicle has them):

Brake electronics
Engine electronics
Cruise control or A.C.C
Parking aids
Reversing cameras
Lane change assisting
Suspension system
Engine cooling system
S.P

https://www.pfjones.co.uk/advice-centre ... trics.html

Some of this or perhaps all incorporates a CAN Bus interface box.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta