Cracking Noise in Back of Car - Sound attached

Bodywork & Interior problems
HarunS
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by HarunS »

Hi fellow Nissan owners.

I am new to forum and I registered because I need your help if possible. I am experiencing an issue for two weeks now and nobody I took my car to knows how to fix it.

I own Nissan Qashqai 2015 1.6 Tekna and everything was fine for 5 years. But two weeks ago I experienced some distracting noise in rear part of my car, a trunk maybe or roof part as I am unsure where exactly it is. It is a sort of cracking noise, like plastic crack or something similar that occurs when in curves or on bumpy roads, on highway it is all good as it is a clean ride. So far I noticed when my trunk is open I can't really hear it, but I am not sure if the trunk is issue. When trying to move car in place or wiggle it a bit, I can't hear the cracking, only when driving.

Here is the sound of what I hear in my car and if anyone has any idea where it is coming from I would appreciate your help so much: https://vocaroo.com/9FjgkqRxArA

Thank You.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

HarunS, firstly welcome to the Forum. Please take a read of the attached old post which could well be your problem. If you enter “Roof Welding” in “Search” you will find more old posts - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5677
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
HarunS
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by HarunS »

Thank You very much Dave, I appreciate the topic link. Will go through it right now.

Many thanks.
Harun.