Where is the full metal VIN Plate?

Bodywork & Interior problems
dfcsl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by dfcsl »

I need to get a CoC from Nissan UK and they are asking for a photo of the VIN Plate - They tell me it is an 8 x 6cm metal plate which is in the engine bay or cabin area.

Does anyone know where this is on a 2017 Tekna?

I can see the VIN through a looking glass at the lower point of the right side of the windscreen, but I can´t see this "metal plate" anywhere. I´ve seen the metal plates before on other cars but can´t find it on my QQ.

Anyone know where to look, or even if it actually exists when there is a VIN through the windscreen peep hole.

Have attached an image of where I can see the VIN clearly, but this is the only place.

Cheers.

vin.jpg

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dfscl, well if you look on the Web you will find comments and pics showing the position of the Plate. I have looked on our J11B and cannot see a plate, it might be too early but definitely I am not standing on my head to find it. On the Passenger Side (LHD) there is a Sticker on the Door Strut with the VIN No. also. Hopefully another member can find it out of interest - Hope this helps Dave 🤨
Pics from the Web :

1A344F03-8B22-4874-B6DB-E6C842C5450E.jpeg

BA3C5693-03AE-47B9-9907-A4EEABD14A92.jpeg

Sticker on our QQ :

21D34219-1590-422E-843E-B819E054D582.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
dfcsl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by dfcsl »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response and for having a look. Yeh, I looked in those places also and there´s no plate that I can see.. I even stripped back a bit of plastic around the area marked 2, but can't see anything, tried to take a photo inside of it but it's pretty much impossible so no way I can photo the plate for them if it is hidden in there.....

I have the same black VIN sticker on mine, I think Nissan UK are confused and there is no such "metal plate".... not like there used to be. You´d think they´d know, wouldn´t you.....

I´m going to send them the black sticker photo again and insist this is all there is.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dfcsl, if you are speaking to NCS you normally speak to “Call Centre” staff that are not technical and you normally will not be put through to Technical Staff to discuss specifics. That is my experience as normally you are told to speak to your Dealer - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Preety sure theres no plate guys it's just the sticker on the drivers door as these have the weights on them too and we have had a few recalls to change the stickers cuz they got the weight wrong, if there was a plate they would be making us change them too.

The old metal plates would also have the weights on then aswell. So I'd assume your right there is no other one.