Bizzare unknown problem

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Niasghar
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Niasghar »

I had the most bizarre experience in my QQ 1.5 DCi (2009) today. I have had since new and never had this issue before.

So I'm driving on the M62 just approaching the highest peak on the motorway (highest in England), the snow is coming down heavy (-2°), I'm driving behind a Landrover Discovery and we're both doing 40mph.

The Landrover begins to slow down, so I thought I'll overtake him, as soon as a pull out, my car just loses power and cuts out. I pull on to the hard shoulder, panicking as it's snowing bad and it was 6:30 in the evening so getting dark.

I try starting the car and it turned on fine but cut out immediately. It did this a number of times. So I call the recovery. And while waiting I read online about how it could be fuel pump, glow plugs etc. While reading I still try starting it, and the same thing happened, it starts but cut off immediately.

Randomly I take the key out of the ignition, lock it, unlock the car and then started and the car was fine! So I'm assuming it may have been an immobilizer issue which reset itself after I locked and unlocked it. But why would it cut of in the middle of driving on the motorway (I had driven around 40 miles at that point).

Anyway, I thought I'll post here and see what everyone else thought or if anyone else had any similar issues.