Difference in Jatco JF015E gearboxes

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
rad87
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by rad87 »

Hello All,

Recently my cvt gearbox packed up an need to replace it. Found one that I want to buy but the code is slightly different to mine. Original is 3jx6ava, the New one od 3jx5cva. Any idea? The new gearbox is from a Juke but same model to mine. Dealer is rubbish and no help there. Any advice welcome :) thanks!

OldLadyAndSon
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by OldLadyAndSon »

Sorry to hear your cvt has failed and needs a replacement rad87.

I'm new to the forums here, but I've been doing some research into the Nissan CVTs, and can confirm that the dealerships are mostly useless...(round here anyway)
I have asked for information on the JF015E unit from Nissan UK direct, and have yet to hear back from them....that was three days ago.

For advice, you could do a lot worse than contact Stephens Engineering - not far from Stevenage.

I've chatted to a few of their guys, and they do a lot of work with the Nissan (QQ & Juke) CVTs - servicing and repair/rebuild etc.
They do seem very knowledgeable and approachable.

For some reason, their website seems to be down for me, but here is their phone number:

01920 462530

In case it is my internet that's being fussy, here is their web link:

https://www.stephensengineering.co.uk

Best of luck.

**EDIT**

It was my VPN that was having a wobbly moment....web link seems ok now!
2018 Qashqai 1.6 dCi N-Connecta Xtronic
rad87
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by rad87 »

Hi, Thanks for that. I have already spoken to them in regards to rebuilding my existing unit. I feel that spending 2,5k on a box that will most likely fail again + giving consideration the car is worth around 5-6k makes little sense... I am looking for a second hand gb as these are going for 1-1,5k. I do understand that there is a risk of buying second hand etc but simply budget is tight at the moment... This is why I am asking what is the differece between 3jx5cva and 3jx6ava as there are plenty of the 5cva and none of the 6ava models on the market. Nobody seems to know what is the difference between these two.

Cheers!