1.2 DIG-T (66) Auto Possible Turbo Fail

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

Hi all,
not posted or commented here for ages. But thought I'd ask here before getting on to Nissan. Driving on M20 last weekend dashboard lit up like Times Square. Seconds later white/blue smoke billowing from exhaust. NO loss of power at that point so managed to get over to the hard shoulder and stop. RAC turned up (eventually but that's another story) and loaded me up onto a recovery vehicle then took me home. They returned the next day to assess and figure possible turbo failure. Oil is in the exhaust , turbo air intake and so on. Had a friend look at it and he concurred. Said that even if he could clean up any oil and fit a new turbo that might well be only the tip of the iceberg as without running it he can't tell if there are other damaged components not least the engine (although it did start up but then began to over rev and belch smoke for the exhaust ) so that was a short lived experiment. With oil burning in the exhaust does that also indicate a new exhaust and CAT?
I only have a couple of payments left (PCP) it is out of warranty and was either simply going to hand it back or look to exchange as its in good nick and has only 20000 miles on it. Was just looking for some opinions to be honest. I am not interested in chucking £4k plus at something I was not going to keep anyway. Hoping Nissan don't play hardball. Thanks all. All opinions welcome