Blue smoke when accelerating

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Danwoolley38
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Danwoolley38 »

Hi. I keep getting blue smoke in first and second gear when pulling out of a junction etc. And Sometimes when i start the engine. Its seams to stop when everything is up to temperature and runs as normal (or so it seems) any ideas what this could be??

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

sorry to be the bearer of what might be bad news but in my humble opinion blue smoke is not a good sign.
Tell us more about the car - age, mileage, petrol/diesel - someone with more detailed knowledge will be along soon.

Blue smoke from a car exhaust is generally a bad sign, and the cause of it will need to be investigated/repaired as soon as possible. It’s either a problem to do with the oil, or internal engine components.
In petrol cars, it might suggest that oil is leaking into the engine block where the fuel is mixed with air, while in diesel cars it may simply suggest that there is too much oil in the engine.
In the worst cases, the cylinder heads, pistons or valves might all be worn down.
Regardless, you’ll want to get your car looked at by a reputable garage if it’s emitting blue smoke.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

And in some cases it can be as simple as a blocked breather