Slave Cylinder Hose

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
bubblesZA
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by bubblesZA »

Hi all

Please forgive me if I get some of the terminology incorrect, I am by no means an expert, far from it actually...

My 07 Qashqai had a slipping clutch so I sent it in for a clutch replacement and they replaced, clutch plate, cover, release bearings / CSC. A month after getting the vehicle back, my wife was out with the kids and the clutch pedal stayed down and there was no pressure at all. Sent it back to the garage and they said the hose that connects with the slave cylinder had come loose, therefore the fluid drained and there was no pressure. They fixed it, tested and sent me on my way only for the fault to reappear 4 days and no more than 50 miles later.

The two possible reasons they are giving is a wobbly engine mount is causing vibrations and loosening the hose. I had another mechanic assess the vehicle and he says he can pull the hose out when the vehicle is stationary, so he's doubtful the engine mount is having a significant impact.

Second reason is a potential worn spring which the garage say Nissan have informed them is a common problem on these vehicles. Does anyone have any experience or input on this?

My feeling is if the garage replaced the Slave Cylinder and now the hose is coming loose (never happened before they worked on it) that the fault is more than likely related. Any input for a complete non-mechanic?

Thanks in advance.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Nissan actually call it a Master Cylinder Assembly. All of us call it a Slave Cylinder like you.
Interestingly I think your 2nd mechanic got it near right because a locking pin is likely missing. The brake pipe is a push in type and as such needs a lock (pin) mechanism to hold it secure. Usually the said end would be a screw in type. Just that Nissan needs to be different.

If the clutch pipe is not locked and secure the clutch pressure will push it out...likely quickly and messily.

The pic below from Nissan diagnostics shows the special lock pin (3)...see if its there at the pipe input to the Slave Cylinder. Someone else here may verify this.

1...is the clutch piping from the clutch pedal actuator/reservoir assembly
2...is the push in pipe end (of the above piping)

Screenshot 2020-0.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta