Re-gen Cycles??

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
JamieB90
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JamieB90 »

Good Evening.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what factors are needed for the ecu to trigger a re-gen cycle on the dpf on a J11 1.5dci?

It's all well and good forever being told to "just get it up to 60 every now and then". But I am a how things work kind of guy. If there is a specific sequance of events or some kind of algorithym that the ECU looks for to start a regen.

I feel that if I understand the whole process alot more detail, I can ensure it happens regularly enough to minimise future issues.

Regards

Jamie

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Jamie, we do not have a Diesel due to short trip stuff. Attached are a couple of articles which seem to explain the Re-Gen / DPF System pretty well so they might be of interest to you, take a look - Dave 😉

The diesel particulate filter explained | AutoGuru : https://www.autoguru.com.au/car-advice/ ... -explained

Diesel particulate filters | what you need to know | RAC Drive : https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/emis ... e-filters/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

JamieB90 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:47 pm Good Evening.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what factors are needed for the ecu to trigger a re-gen cycle on the dpf on a J11 1.5dci?

It's all well and good forever being told to "just get it up to 60 every now and then". But I am a how things work kind of guy. If there is a specific sequance of events or some kind of algorithym that the ECU looks for to start a regen.

I feel that if I understand the whole process alot more detail, I can ensure it happens regularly enough to minimise future issues.

Regards

Jamie
Its not timed or of any scheduled nature. Its based on a rise in exhaust gas pressure that exceeds an acceptable exhaust system back pressure. So very much depends on the way a diesel engine is used. The dealer test equipment can trigger it.

Soot builds up in the DPF and effectively attempts to block the DPF thus triggering via the ECU a DPF soot burn off requirement. Should flag up a DPF symbol on the instruments from the Exhaust Gas Pressure Sensor. I don't have a diesel but such filters will be in later Petrol cars....if they aren't banned by then?

So head off to a motorway and give it a good blow through as per the handbook.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta