turbo removal

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
sandy1985
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by sandy1985 »

hi all

newb here, please go easy on me.

the turbo blew on my wifes J11 qashqai k9k, money is tight at the moment and i am reasonably handy with a spanner so ive set about taking the turbo off.

i am down to the last two nuts connecting the turbo to the manifold (from the underside). the shop manual says the DPF needs to come out, and to facilitate that - the front suspension member needs to come out! obviously i would rather avoid all that extra work.

is there any way of getting those nuts off without removing the DPF?

i am going to try snaking some socket extensions up and round the DPF, but curious to know if others have managed to get to these nuts an easier way?

thanks for any help!

sandy1985

Post by sandy1985 »

Update for future searchers.

You can access the turbo to manifold nuts from below.

You need to demount the exhaust off the rubber mounts and unbolt the dpf brackets. then you can just about wedge the dpf out the way enough to get a long extension up to crank off the 10mm nuts.
Alwyn2015

Post by Alwyn2015 »

Hi all trying to remove turbo, 10ml nuts on the side how do you get to them, from above or below, we brought extended ratchet spanners still cant get the bolts of.
According to a mobile mechanic you take the sub frame off. We have manuel but dosent help much.
Need advice.
Thanks in advance