CVT Auto - Broken down...again

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
fizzystutter

Post by fizzystutter »

Hi,I'm going to give you a very brief overview of a very long story of life with my QQ:After 20 days of ownership my new shape QQ my car broke down (see here http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... html).Then after 90 days the car broke down again. This time the revs on the car were going up and down of their accord:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz5JD6QbxbMNo matter what speed I was at this happened, even under breaking it would occur. Eventually the car broke down after the rev problem continued to get worse and during the last few miles the revs we're increasing and decreasing 2k at a time.Needless to say I emptied the car of my belongings and walked into the dealership and gave them both sets of keys back. To say the dealer looked surprised is an understatement.After several stern telephone calls to the finance company and Nissan UK, the finance company agreed to take the car back and allow me to walk away from the deal. I'm now waiting for the delivery of a new Audi A6 Avant.I hope you guys have better luck with your QQ's.Regards James
fizzystutter2014-07-01 23:53:30

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I have every sympathy and can't fault your actions, hope the Audi works for you. As for the rest of us I guess it fair to say the vast majority are very happy and really enjoying the QQ. Just hope nobody gets your old car at a discounted rate!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I am amazed they took the car back with nearly 3500 miles on the clock or how the finance company managed to do this. Even if the fault was from new, my experience with new cars over the last 40 years has always been the manufacturer always has the right to investigate and correct the problem well before you can expect a refund or replacement.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
nikus

Post by nikus »

Why you set speed limit to 62 mph and drive 63 mph? I think is a fake.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

It's hard to determine from the video and the post what the time overlap between the two is but the video shows an RPM increase/decrease of 200 not 2,000?It's not right and would indicate some sort of throtttle blipping or other issue with the engine management system (possibly dpf regeneration or anti-stall).As to the finance company taking it back.You don't say what deposit you paid, if you got that back or not so it might be there was enough left in the car for them to repair and sell on.
Nissan no more...
nikus

Post by nikus »

john w

Post by john w »

Mine does the same cruisers 1mph higher than actual speedo good for you makin a stand if more people did this the big companies would sit up and take notice our country is full of moaners and not doers
fizzystutter

Post by fizzystutter »

Hi,Jonceebee:Persistency is the key. There was no way I was going to accept taking the car back after it broke down the second time. During the first breakdown it 20 days to source a "clip" which held a hose to the engine. I suspect this repair will be a lot more invasive than just a "clip". I'm sure the rest of you will have worry free motoring, however my experience with Nissan has been... trying to say the least. I've been calm when I needed to be and stern/angry when it was needed. Twitter is also your friend at times like this.AlleyCat:The video was taken about a week before the car broke down. I had already told the dealer what was happening and that it was getting worse. The video was viewed by Nissan UK who wanted to install the new software update. However the update wasn't available at the time therefore they were happy for me to continue driving the car.I did voice my concerns at the time but nobody seemed bothered about it.On the day of the breakdown the revs (as I said) where predominately worse, but without a passenger in the car I couldn't take a video.The finance was under Business Contract Hire3 months upfront (started in March)20k per year2 year contractThe finance company haven't offered any refund on the finance I've paid. As much as it pains me to have paid a deposit and a few months worth of rental, I'm just glad to see the back of the car.Regards James
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

If that's the case and that's what it costs to get shut, generally, i don't blame you.I'll be the first to say my "rattle" pee's me off from time to time, but in the grand scheme of malodies, it's minor. It just happens to be annoying due to the amount of crappy concrete roads i have to traverse.
Nissan no more...