Car juddering/red engine light/ now wont start!

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Brightmore92
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brightmore92 »

Hello,

I have an issue with my Nissan Qashqai '13 plate 1.5 diesel. It started juddering when trying to accelerate, I then tried to run it at high revs in hope that it would clear but all that done was brought the red engine light on! Tried to read OBD but no fault codes were found.

I have since replaced a plastic fitting near the engine which had snapped ( a common fault so I've been told ) I believe it to be related to the air intake turbo - pretty straight forward I thought?!

Since doing so, the car will now not start. All I am getting is a clicking noise and the interior and dashboard lights flickering. Unsure now if it is the battery or something related to what I replaced? The car did start prior to replacing the plastic air intake part albeit a little slow sometimes.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Jamie

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Here is a couple of things to check on the battery.
Check the battery with a voltage meter. At a guess, it should be at 12.6 volts or higher when fully charged.
Check the output voltage of the alternator when you can get the engine running. Should be over 14v
Check the earth point under the battery tray is not corroded and the earth point is connected.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum. Flickering lights certainly sounds like a battery issue of some sort.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)