STICKY: 1.6dci Misfires Misses a Beat

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
mountford21

Post by mountford21 »

We all know at this stage that there is an issue what we need to know is what they are doing about it and when do we know that the problem is actually fixed? I noticed the first hesitation problem after seven days ownership. They did an "Upgrade" or fix after 14 days. They admit that this upgrade caused irreparable damage to the gearbox that is why they are now installing the new gearbox this week to my vehicle. For that reason I have no faith whatsoever in Nissan and their upgrades.

flase001

Post by flase001 »

I have the same issue with my CVT 1.6DciAt low speed (40km/h) i have a knocking effect as if the engine "misfires" or Misses a Beat" as you are stating. On the CVT it becomes worse with the ECO button on.Dunno if a software update will be enough. My QQ is at the local dealer at the moment to HOPEFULLY fix this.Any others experiencing this on a CVT please?
Storm White Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT
Crossover Pack,Utility Pack,White Side Mouldings,Illuminated Entry Guards,Removable Tow Bar,Black Alloy Gators.
Modules:Auto Folding Mirrors,Auto windows.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="flase001"]I have the same issue with my CVT 1.6DciAt low speed (40km/h) i have a knocking effect as if the engine "misfires" or Misses a Beat" as you are stating. On the CVT it becomes worse with the ECO button on.Dunno if a software update will be enough. My QQ is at the local dealer at the moment to HOPEFULLY fix this.Any others experiencing this on a CVT please?[/QUOTE] Quick answer is no the car seems fine to me, most of these problems seem to have been related to the 4WD model but perhaps there is a wider issue? Some of these faults / issues may benefit from a survey approach, if only to remove multiples (Splank/Mod)?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
flase001

Post by flase001 »

PeterL,Looking at this thread and similar threads, the issue is also apparent on the CVT :(Let's hope for the best.
Storm White Nissan Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci CVT
Crossover Pack,Utility Pack,White Side Mouldings,Illuminated Entry Guards,Removable Tow Bar,Black Alloy Gators.
Modules:Auto Folding Mirrors,Auto windows.
Sqashqai

Post by Sqashqai »

Just to add that I seem to be having a very similar problem with my manual 1.5 DCi...the moderator has started this as a new thread. The dealer told me Nissan knows about this and they are working on a fix.
Sandib

Post by Sandib »

Hi, I am new to the forum and am experiencing the same problem. I bought a 1.6 dci Premier Limited Edition QQ in March and noticed from day 1 that there was a 'dragging' issue when driving at a steady 60-65 mph. However it was not an issue as it was not all the time but now the car has got rapidly worse doing it at any steady speed, even 30mph. Also for the first time whilst away at the weekend the car decided to cut out when I started the engine. I have been in touch with the dealership and have been told to take it in this Friday for a check (that's an emergency appointment) if they didn't class it as an emergency I wouldn't get in until 4th September!!!!!! They are apparently having a lot of issues with them which is why there is such a long wait.
Premier Limited Edition Pearl Black 1.6 dCi 4wd

teknaken

Post by teknaken »

I recently completed a 500 mile round trip. I used cruise control and speed limiter where appropriate and I am pleased to say that the engine didn't miss a beat at any speed. Guess I am one of the lucky ones.
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
Johnnie Qashguy

Post by Johnnie Qashguy »

Took our QQ into dealers for the same, plus rattling on passenger side, went back to pick car up and was told Nissan are working on the problem, not happy why is this taking so long to resolve? And guess what driving home the rattle is still there bloody dealers must think you make it up.So back it must go again,will take mechanic out with me this time. Rant over
Johnnie Q
Sandib

Post by Sandib »

Just been out to see if there is anything I'm missing, no warning alerts, 4WD off, auto start / stop turned off. Started engine fine, gave it a few minutes to see what happens and I've noticed the rev counter keeps dropping and then going back up, it's as if it's falling asleep and then springs back up to keep it ticking over? However the drive is awful, sluggish and no pulling power, it's as if the brakes are being put on whilst trying to accelerate, roll on Friday!
Premier Limited Edition Pearl Black 1.6 dCi 4wd

mountford21

Post by mountford21 »

The trouble here is that you would think that a company as big as Nissan with all it's resources would be able to sort this issue out. I can't understand why it is taking so long to resolve and it makes me wonder are they looking at all. I have had the gear box replaced on my car last week. when I start the engine it sometimes gives a rocking noise - it's hard to describe but the dealer says it might be the engine moving slightly on the mountings. This has only happened since they replaced the gearbox and is intermittent. as usual when i brought it back to the dealer it was fine. The rattle on the left passenger side is still there even after I mentioned it to the dealer when they were replacing the gearbox. Yesterday the parking sensors kept activating when I was driving - ok today. A new issue was that the navigation came up with the message to insert the SD card. The SD card was never out. I must be unlucky with my car although others on this forum seem to be experiencing these issues also.I was the first person to bring the issue of "hesitation" to this forum and now look at the can of worms that has been opened.