STICKY: 1.6dci Misfires Misses a Beat

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Edit by SplanKIt seems as though there is now 2 distinct problems. 1. The missing beat issue/lack of power2. CVT box faults. I am going to keep this thread "as is", but can all new posts about CVT box faults be posted here to ensure that any developments are kept track:http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c1441.html Original PostHi,Recently took delivery of my new Tekna 1.6 dci 4wd and it has a very annoying fault,as you are driving along on a steady throttle the engine will intermittently hesitate slightly,like a misfire on a petrol engine,it will even do this on cruise when you are not touching the throttle.It has been back to the dealer and "plugged in" and yes you guessed it correctly "no fault found" and according to the technician they have not heard of any similar problems with this engine.Anyone else had a similar issue?,as it is spoiling an otherwise enjoyable car.Thanks.

SplanK2014-11-06 13:34:35

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

There are a couple of threads on here with similar reported issues with the 1.6DCi lump but no resolve. If you wanted, you could try some live logging from the ECU via an OBDC2 Bluetooth reader and Torque on an Android phone? That *may* show up some clues?
Kris

Post by Kris »

understood the Android phone bit
1.5 Tekna Pearl White: Alloygators, Mud Flaps, Defender spray to front bumper and bonnet
con

Post by con »

Nissan are aware of this and are working on a fix. It's been a while with no news from them but still enjoying the car otherwise.
lepingouin99

Post by lepingouin99 »

HelloSame problem for me here in switzerland with my acenta 1,6 dci 4x4I'm now in touch with Nissan Switzerland to know what will be made for that problemHope we will receive good new
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

[quote="con"]Nissan are aware of this and are working on a fix. It's been a while with no news from them but still enjoying the car otherwise. [/QUOTE]
Hi Con,Can you confirm how you managed to get hold of this information? Nissan themselves are keeping rather sthum about the problem, and the dealers have hinted they are aware of a few 1.6 and CVT problems but are saying that there is no fix for it...?
con

Post by con »

The dealer said their master tech has been in contact with Nissan and they were able to tell him they believe it's a software issue. This was about 4 weeks or so ago. I'm planning to give them another poke next week.
COACHSWIN

Post by COACHSWIN »

Yes I have exactly the same car 1.6cdi 4WD with exactly the same problem, so this cannot be an isolated problem. I'll try my local garage to see what they know
David
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Good luck with that,Nissan appear to be playing their cards very close to their corporate chest,very annoying that they continue to sell these cars to an unsuspecting public when they know full well that they have this problem.
ShinyAndy

Post by ShinyAndy »

Yup, same with my 1.6 4x4 am waiting for someone to hear something positive and post here before I even attempt a trip to my dealer!