1.3 140 ps strange metalic noise

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
zataras13
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by zataras13 »

Hi everyone.I recently purchased 1.3 140 ps and this metalic noise comes through engine in amy revs. :( Is it normal?video below

https://youtube.com/shorts/FDxW5b6wZpY?feature=share

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Not sure what I'm supposed to be listening to there - sounds like an engine!

On other cars I've had problems before with loose exhaust shields - is that what you mean by "metallic"?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Mine is very noisy - the dealer is going to look at it.

I can reproduce mine from start up , door open , blip the throttle and listen for the rattle
zataras13

Post by zataras13 »

well it sounds like a cicada (harvest fly if you know what i mean) and i think it comes from there (press the link below) .I think its the system that spays melt bore into the cylinders but im not sure

https://ibb.co/3TKwnSb
Last edited by zataras13 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
zataras13

Post by zataras13 »

Buffy wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:18 am Mine is very noisy - the dealer is going to look at it.

I can reproduce mine from start up , door open , blip the throttle and listen for the rattle
so you get the exact same noise?Maybe its normal...
yes with doors closed i hear nothing...with doors opens its very noisy.....
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

thats the high pressure pump, does sound excessively noisy through the video. They are noisy pumps in general it should have a sound deadening cover over it which I ls clearly missing. But yeah might sound normal in person get it checked out by your dealer
zataras13

Post by zataras13 »

lewisbryant wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:00 am thats the high pressure pump, does sound excessively noisy through the video. They are noisy pumps in general it should have a sound deadening cover over it which I ls clearly missing. But yeah might sound normal in person get it checked out by your dealer
you mean fuel pump?if you look some posts above i posted a photo.It must be the system that sprays melt bore into cyilnders
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

There is no system that sprays 'melt bore' on to the cylinders.
Your talking about the cylinder walls in production they spray hot molten metal on to the aluminium walls of the cylinders. This technique allows a very thin and extremely smooth bore surface.
This happens when they are producing the engine not in engine use.

I'm talking about the high pressure fuel pump that is top on the engine to the right of the oil cap with 2 pipes coming out of it, the exact thing you have circled in the picture is the high pressure fuel pump. this is ticking away and can sound like a rattle and will stop ticking after you have increased the engine rpm and then re engage ticking before it again comes to idle.
zataras13

Post by zataras13 »

lewisbryant wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:42 am There is no system that sprays 'melt bore' on to the cylinders.
Your talking about the cylinder walls in production they spray hot molten metal on to the aluminium walls of the cylinders. This technique allows a very thin and extremely smooth bore surface.
This happens when they are producing the engine not in engine use.

I'm talking about the high pressure fuel pump that is top on the engine to the right of the oil cap with 2 pipes coming out of it, the exact thing you have circled in the picture is the high pressure fuel pump. this is ticking away and can sound like a rattle and will stop ticking after you have increased the engine rpm and then re engage ticking before it again comes to idle.
lol im so stupid....sorry....of course how could it be possible to spray metal on the engine ...my mistake of course its in production process.
First time i see a fuel pump mounted over there :shock: .Thank you so much for the info my friend.
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

I must say that I was concerned enough to check the oil level as under load , my engine can sound like it has a rattle over and above this pump