Turbo trouble

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
brrrrummm_brum
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by brrrrummm_brum »

I have a 2011 1.5Dci with 120K miles on the clock. I've had lots of trouble with this car over the years I've had it. DPF saying it's blocked (may still be the case but no warning light to say so) turned out to be a blocked pressure sensor pipe. Also had the clutch replaced last year.

Latest issue is a broken turbo boost pipe. I replaced the pipe but the symptoms remain - engine won't rev above 2000 RPM and lacks power, cuts out as well. I cleared the fault code I got for the boost pressure and there are no fault codes... Yet. I also took off the EGR valve and gave it a bit of a clean. Still the problem remains.

Wondering if the turbo is knackered and also wondering if this was all caused by a blocked DPF causing excess back pressure.

I have it booked into a garage in a few weeks but I'm wondering if I'm throwing good money after bad. There's no way I'm replacing the DPF and turbo. I'm considering the options of an off car DPF chemical cleaner and replacing the turbo with a reconditioned one, but it doesn't sound like an easy job.