57 plate 2l diesel

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
poolielad
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by poolielad »

Hi all, driving along motorway when car suddenly had no acceleration then 30 seconds later cut out, manage to free wheel off motorway. It seemed to me like there was no fuel getting to engine, I pumped the pump plenty of times but still wouldnt start, I had to get recovery to take car home. Had the AA out today, they did all the checks with diagnostics, checked fuel pressure and whatever else they do, he said he could find fault but he guessing/thinking that timing belt could of jumped or lost a tooth!! Also, he took air filter off and tried turning engine over and there was a bit of smoke coming out of where air filter goes!! The engine is turning over but not enough to start it.... I definetly think its fuel relating (although I am certainly no expert). I am just thinking if it was a timing belt issue it would still start but run like a bag of hammers?? Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas of what you think it could be?? Before it cut out it was running fine.

lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

I'd be checking turbo first
poolielad
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by poolielad »

lewisbryant wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:42 am I'd be checking turbo first
Would that not show up on the diagnostic, and wouldnt it still run without turbo??