2 Engine Warning Lights

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Ind3c3ncy1
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Ind3c3ncy1 »

Hi All,

I have 2x engine warning lights on my 2014 Qashqai.
One on the Rev counter side of the dashboard - Solid Orange engine light (had for 2 weeks, booked at technic
One on the Speed dial side of the dashboard- Solid Red engine light

I cant really see anywhere where it mentions having both lights at the same time. I am also getting auto on/off fault each time i restart the car as well as a bit of a loss of power for half a second at ca. 1500 revs. Car noticeably doesn't feel any different other then slight loss of power mentioned above and i have checked oil and such obvious things. I'm not going to be driving it until i get it looked at next week - but wondered if anyone had had any experience with similar?

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Might be useful if you said whether petrol or diesel.

I presume you don't have a code reader?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

For the benefit of others the manual defines those lights as:

Malfunction warning light (red)
Malfunction indicator light (orange)
Malfunction warning light (red) (where fitted)
When the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, the malfunction warning light illuminates. This means the system is operational. See “Malfunction Indicator light (orange)” later in this section for details of the orange Malfunction Indicator light.
If the red malfunction warning light comes on steady while the engine is running, it may indicate an engine control system malfunction.
Have your vehicle inspected by a NISSAN dealer or qualified workshop. You do not need to have your vehicle towed to the dealer.
CAUTION
Continued vehicle operation without having the engine control system checked and repaired as necessary could lead to poor driveability, reduced fuel economy and possible damage to the engine control system, which may affect your warranty coverage.
Incorrect setting of the engine control system may lead to non-compliance of local and national emission laws and regulations.
Malfunction Indicator light (orange)
When the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, the orange Malfunction Indicator light illuminates. This means that the system is operational.
If the orange Malfunction Indicator light comes on steady or blinks (where fitted) while the engine is running, it may indicate an engine control system malfunction. See “Malfunction warning light (red) (where fitted)” earlier in this section for details of the red malfunction warning light (where fitted).
On steady (orange):
An engine malfunction has been detected. Have the vehicle inspected by a NISSAN dealer or qualified workshop. You do not need to have your vehicle towed to the dealer.
Blinking (orange) (where fitted):
An engine misfire has been detected which may damage the engine control system.
To reduce or avoid engine control system damage:
• Do not drive at speeds above 70 km/h (43 MPH).
• Avoid hard acceleration or deceleration
• Avoid steep uphill grades.
• If possible, reduce the load being carried or towed.
The Malfunction Indicator light may stop blinking and come on steady.
Have the vehicle inspected by a NISSAN dealer or qualified workshop. You do not need to have your vehicle towed to the dealer.
CAUTION
Continued vehicle operation without having the engine control system checked and repaired as necessary could lead to poor driveability, reduced fuel economy and possible damage to the engine control system, which may affect your warranty coverage.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)