Constant stalling after idle relearn

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Coograh
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Coograh »

Hi all,

I’ve had to replace the throttle body on my 2013 qashqai. New part has now been fitted and idle relearn procedure completed (about 30 times) because it now stalls after about 10 seconds of running idle.

I’m at my wits end now with it, new turbo pipe has been fitted after the weld cracked and the recovery people who towed me the other day diagnosed the throttle body.

Is it a garage Jobby for an electronic relearn or is there something I’m missing or could do instead? Kind regards

Cookie

Coograh
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Coograh »

Hi all, I know nobody replied to this post but just to let you know and for anyone who experiences similar in the future… it was a clogged dpf!

First symptoms were poor mpg and what felt like a lag or even lack of power when pulling away. Then the turbo boost pipe split(because the pressure has to be relieved somewhere) and then what the RAC diagnosed as the throttle body because the accelerator pedal stopped working. All of these things were replaced, idle relearn procedure conducted but still nothing. Then a random code got thrown up saying exhaust gas sensor fault. Previous experience told me this was the dpf. Not once did the dpf error code come up though which is why I was flummoxed.

Anyway, to cut a long story short; dpf off. Overnight soak in Lidl’s 39p freeway cola. Jet wash from the opposite end of the flow for about 30 mins and the water was almost crystal clear.

Dpf refitted, soot level registering at 6g on the reader and bobs your uncle. No more faults and driving much much better and mpg up to 46 urban.

Hope that helps anyone who might search in the future!

Cookie