Danish article about CVT Problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

hi all, a big newspaper here in denmark, has interviewed me about the problems with the cvt box, here is a link to the danish article, if anyone is interestedSincerelyCarsten LarsenDenmarktranslated to englishhttps://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpolitiken.dk%2Fforbrugogliv%2FECE2429898%2Fboevl-med-gearet-i-nissans-mest-populaere-model%2F&edit-text=&act=urloriginal danish articlehttp://politiken.dk/forbrugogliv/ECE2429898/boevl-med-gearet-i-nissans-mest-populaere-model/

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Well done mateLoved the part where Nissan claims just a few cars have this problem, lets hope it now makes Nissan find a fixDisgusting though how Nissan will not accept this is a reason to terminate the deal
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

thanks donkeymy car is going to the dealer tomorrow for exchange of the gearbox, but i£m not that optimistic about if it solves the problem, but if it doesn't, i have a good chance of terminating the deal, not thats it out in the open.i have 2 more newspapers that have contacted me, so there might be more to comeit would be great if more papers, maybe some UK ones took the subject up.Sincerely Carsten
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

In UK no motoring pages seem to be talking of anything negative with the QQ even these forums have only realy accepted people talking negativly about them over past couple of months, prior to that anyone bieng negative was chased offI predict a big time bomb soon or for Nissan to announce a fix as these engine/ gearboxs are shared across Nissans range so it may be damaging for them to ignore it But what you done Carsten id imagine is help a lot of people out there as now they can say to there dealer look im not alone in this problem its published material well done
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

thanks, for the kind wordsi hope that i can help anyone out with the matter, im the kind of guy who if i get really pissed at something i won't stop before things are right.im sure nissan will find my actions annoying, but then again, we have paid a lot of money for these cars, that dont work the way we expected, remember my QQ costed me 46334 pounds (436.000 danish crowns).i will keep you up to speed with the progress, i£m cute sure that my dealer won't be clapping at me tomorrow when my car is going in for the replacement, but for what it is worth, i warned him last week, that if we didn't could come to some kind of agreement about terminating the deal, that i would go public with this, but he didn't think that anyone would write the story, so i expect a pretty cold reception tomorrow (SMILES)
duncho

Post by duncho »

To be honest, Nissan has very bad strategy which puts them down little by little. Customer support is so terribly weak and does not admit fault on their side at all. Ignoring CVT issues in Europe and affraid of customers' shout in US? Different CVT warranty in US and here in EU only because US customers are more tough and do no hesitate to sue Nissan for rubbish they produce and don't willing to take responsibility for?? duncho2014-10-20 22:16:14
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

agree
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Hi alli have just received a call 5 minutes ago, from another danish user, that had his gearbox replaced and received the new software update last week, that his car went perfectly for a the first week, and this morning the problems are back.so now we have a good change of terminating the deal, since the problems still persist, even after a replacement of gearbox.will keep you updatedSincerely Carsten
duncho

Post by duncho »

I just hope that I won't need to proceed so far with mine, as I have invested too much to the car already :(
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

As I mentioned in another topic, it seems that there are big problems with a proportion of the latest CVT built by Jatco. My dealer would not sell me one and I respect their honesty if not their reluctance to say why not. I ordered a manual one instead. No big deal for me but certainly a big deal for those that have bought a CVT model with their hard-earned money, even if their's has been no trouble so far.Certainly if Jatco can't produce a consistently long-term reliable transmission, it should not be fitted to any vehicle. I wonder how it and Nissan are going to recover confidence and demand for this transmission for the future? A ten year unconditional warranty on all existing current model transmisions and future build is the only way out for them in my opinion.