Danish article about CVT Problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

This article posted on another forum Basicly showing the Rogue (USA) CVT to be terrible and has a write up showing Nissan then was using this set up on 20 models after investing heavily in the CVThttp://articles.latimes.com/2014/jan/04/autos/la-fi-hy-nissan-rogue-20140104

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Good find Donkey, almost justifies my earlier comments about how poor the CVT system is, the Nissan one may be the worst, but after owning Toyota's CVT's, they, although not problematic are noisy and always have a strange feel to them. I think Nissan have ruined a poor drive system by trying to create a stepped change feel and it has only made matters worse.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="PeterL"]Log in to the Forum and what do I see - an advert for this Company at the top of my screenhttp://www.cartuningclinic.co.ukI wonder if they know something Nissan don'T?[/QUOTE]
It is an intelligent in-context type of advertisement by Google Ad-choices. Everyone will probably see something different and relative to their browsing history. You should see some tabs at the corner of the ad which takes you to your options for ad-choices.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Good find Donkey, almost justifies my earlier comments about how poor the CVT system is, the Nissan one may be the worst, but after owning Toyota's CVT's, they, although not problematic are noisy and always have a strange feel to them. I think Nissan have ruined a poor drive system by trying to create a stepped change feel and it has only made matters worse.[/QUOTE]
Stepped changes are neither here nor there to the operation of the transmission in mechanical terms. The fixed ratios are just points in the software map for the stepper motors to stop the cones at. The transmission 'should' change smoothly and quickly from one ratio to another according to similar algorithms as a conventional automatic. If it doesn't manage this simple task consistently, it is not doing its job.I don't know if Nissan provide additional features but they could easily give the driver the option of whether to use these notional fixed ratios or to let the transmission behave as an IVT, with no fixed ratios. They could also provide alternative user-selectable computer maps for 'sport' in either of the above modes. Their imagination should be the only boundary where it comes to implementing a CVT transmission in a car. It should be the electronics that make the driving experience.As far as this new Qashqai CVT goes, it doesn't sound as if the problem is just an electronic one. It does look like Jatco have difficulty producing a consistent product for some reason. If the tolerances are so sensitive that they can't build the thing consistently with a 100% reliability from the factory, it strikes me that it could be just as problematic for the customer as it is used in service, even if it was initially fine.They really do need to get a grip on this and restore confidence in the product to existing users and potential new customers alike. I suspect that their reluctance to take new orders for the 1.6 diesel CVT is a sign that they are taking this very seriously. They need to do more, and support these transmissions fully for 10 years and unlimited mileage, unconditionally. If they don't have the confidence to do that, they should not expect their customers a€¦a€¦a€¦. well, they should not expect customers, who would be best advised to change brands. This would be a pity, because a lot of people work very hard to build and sell these vehicles and they and their customers would be let down by management decisions.
Quacker2014-10-23 11:20:01
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

History repeating itself Quacker?They done exactly as your asking in USA 5 years agohttp://www.nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php?menu=25 years later same problems same old nissan lines of only a few have problems etc etcThey cannot remove the step geared program as the cars are sold on a tax basis of low emmisions so allowing customers to turn it off isnt an optionThere not taking this seriously look in archives and you will see whats going on right now is identical to what went on 5 years agoThey sack Nissan UK and move it to europe, you watch next Nissan will be shocked at how unhappy we are and to ensure were listened to move it back to UK
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Here is the newest article from today

https://translate.google.dk/translate?s ... edit-text=
duncho

Post by duncho »

It's compete rubbish what Ann Stroeby, press officer at Nissan is saying!:"We have been open all the time. The problem has been that we have had to spend much time focusing on what was wrong with the gearbox.And it has been frustrating. If customers are experiencing problems, then they must apply directly, so we take care of it, "she says.CAN ANN STROEBY BE MORE SPECIFIC HOW AND WHERE TO APPLY "DIRECTLY"? TO MY EXPERIENCE NISSAN DOESN'T LISTEN AT ALL!!! I contacted:Nissan UK: reply was that they cannot help with my case but they will speak to Nissan Germany to take care of issues I reported.Nissan Germany: reply was to contact the customer support in country where I bought my car. It was not relevant argument for them that I live in Germany... Showed middle finger to me!Nissan Sales Central & Eastern Europe: liers one bigger than the other, saying all the time that they try to help as much as they can but they don't give a sh*t!Nissan Customer Support in France: No reply received on my email. I spent hell of money calling their "please hold on, all our operators are currently busy" hotline... I still haven't got any response to my issues. Dealers don't know what to do as they have no instructions from Nissan.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

Hi Duncho, yes they are good at telling lies, perhaps you could link the danish article to some newspapers in your country, and maybe they will pick up on the story, and that what get things moving for you?its a shame that nissan only reacts when a reporter calls them, but thats what helped me to get a refund and deliver the car backlet me know what happens in your caseSincerelyCarsten
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Worse than that you watch the STFU brigade return to forumsNissan are unique in there misleading bullsh*te they give outPreviously when these problems were highlighted a group strangled any talk of problems by belittling people stating tiny amount have problems etc etcXmas is coming and theres the Nissan open days etc so expect a backlash of people you watch trying to pour oil on troubled watersIm in my mid 50s and buy cars for a living and ive never dealt with a more shady buch in my llife with misleading everything and dirty tricks rather than accept a problemLoved the QQ but what a nasty company behind it, in 9 months on this forum ive seen no more than a handfull of xtronic buyer report no problem the rest all saying same thing yet were told a tiny percentageReason theres a tiny percentage is despite these faults known and published a decade they refuse to accept a problem If you have any doubt how piss poor this transmission is follow Nissan on Twitter and watch almost hourly tweets from customers complaining, I kid you not despite bumping positive press to hide these it will disgust you
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Those with grief may want to educate Daily Telegraph's "Honest John*" with real cause for the CVT supply issues, which he touches on here in last para: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ni ... ction=good * http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/contact/

Gel2014-11-04 12:32:45
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D