Danish article about CVT Problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
duncho

Post by duncho »

Exactly as said, I love the car too, just a headache to deal with the faults and Nissan :(
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

What infuriates me with HONEST JOHN artice and I dont even have the QQ now is the £500 i paid for the towbar to be fitted! and not once has anyone contacted me (and I was at dealership a lot) that it couldnt be usedHow can the car be what car tow car of year when we now read it cant be used!So pissed off as I paid for towbar to be removed and currently awaiting to pick it upDont be suprised to read a towbar was wielded as a weapon destroying showroom stock later, its time to go back yet again to my dealership
Blackbox100

Post by Blackbox100 »

newest article here in denmarkhttps://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjyllands-posten.dk%2Fmotor%2FECE7180127%2FNissan-tilbagek%C3%B8ber-problemfyldte-Qashqai-modeller%2F&edit-text=
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="Blackbox100"]newest article here in denmarkhttps://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=da&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fjyllands-posten.dk%2Fmotor%2FECE7180127%2FNissan-tilbagek%C3%B8ber-problemfyldte-Qashqai-modeller%2F&edit-text=[/QUOTE]
Well done Nissan for admitting the problem and actually doing something about it. They will gain far more general respect and loyalty by being open than by trying to sweep problems under the carpet like some of their rivals try to do. In this day and age no big company gets away with shafting their customers because we all talk to each other worldwide.
Eddzilla

Post by Eddzilla »

[quote="Quacker"] [quote="Blackbox100"]newest article here in denmark
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=[/QUOTE]

Well done Nissan for admitting the problem and actually doing something about it. They will gain far more general respect and loyalty by being open than by trying to sweep problems under the carpet like some of their rivals try to do. In this day and age no big company gets away with shafting their customers because we all talk to each other worldwide.[/QUOTE]
If only Nissan was admitting there is a problem.
My car has been with the dealer for 2 weeks now. The software unsuprisingly failed to rectify the problems with the CVT and so it was deemed that a new CVT is to be fitted. I was advised they were out of stock on "back order" and that the best estimate they had for delivery is 14th November with a 19th November return to me. Poor show.

Well, I received a call / update from the dealer yesterday informing me that Nissan Tecnical had authorised the replacement under warranty! I SHOULD BLOODY WELL THINK SO TOO!!!
I pressed them on if this would be a permanent fix for the problems and if it was a modified CVT and the answer i repeatedly heard despite my drawing attention to the numerous failures on 2nd CVT's was that Nissan wouldn't be swapping the whole CVT if it was not going to fix the problem. I suggested that the replacement was surely just a stop gap to get me back in the vehicle until the fix the root cause of the problem and this fell on deaf ears with the same answer "Nissan wouldn't be changing the CVT if it was not going to fix the problem.

Well i'm sure
It will fix the problem for a short while. Our experience here shows this will be the likely outcome. So assuming i get the car back 19th November, with my average 1000miles per week i give it between 2-6 weeks. Lets see.

Overall, POOR SHOW NISSAN! YOU HAVE RELEASED A CAR ONTO THE ROAD WITH KNOWN ISSUES WHICH ARE, AS THE DRIVER, NOT ONLY DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH AND INCONVIENIENT BUT ALSO UN-NECESSARILY DANGEROUS. TAKE THEM BACK....
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Eddzilla Nissan started this all a good 7 years ago been through USA with this problem then launched the QQFlatly denied the faults in the QQ until recently and stopped making them oops sorry no longer make them in QQBut now release same system in the 1.2 and we read the 1.6 petrol again not to mention the XtrailIts the same gearbox just diffrent models againBut theres people still ordering them despite public knowledge I know say customers have a role to play nowIn early days when it was secret it had my sympathy but not now, Google searches clearly now show theres a common fault but people ignoring all this and still ordering so to be fair Nissan are just supplying a demand now
duncho

Post by duncho »

...and on top of that, CVT warranty in USA was extended to 10 years compare to 3 years in Europe!!! Keep the crap if it brakes out of the warranty. Nissan surely thinks that Europeans are toys they can play with!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

The only difference between my 2ltr qashqai cvt and my new 1.2 cvt is the hesitation when pulling out of a junction it could be dangerous when you need instant power.