? clutch problems, unable to get into gear, sporad

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Ludford

Post by Ludford »

My Qashqai is 8 weeks old and from time to time I have a problem getting it into gear. I have had it back to the dealership twice but they have said there is nothing wrong with it.......

I believe that others have had a similar problem has it been resolved for them? and if it has how?

Life is just a bowl of cherries
Life is just a bowl of cherries

pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

need to know more ..which gear ..engine hot or cold ..any crunching ..I find the H is not perfect and you need to hold it push it in a particular direction for an easy change ..if you get a crunch when going into reverse that is a sign of a clutch problem..
daveuk3

Post by daveuk3 »

Hi, I have the same issue, 63 plate 1.6 dci the car just will not go into first or second gear, it has already been back to the dealership and had a replacement gearbox as they said the second gear syncro had gone. The car has developed the fault again and is currently at the dealer and they are in talks with nissan to see what they can do... they did mention a sofeware update but not idea how this will fix it.I dont want a second get box as there must be an inherant problem with the car. A way around the issue was to select 2nd then 1st but this no longer works, some people said double the clutch but this does nothing..I will keep you posted of events
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Are we talking Mk1 or Mk2? There does seem to be an increasing number of posts regarding Mk1s when this forum is actually for 2014 onwards Mk2s.Moderator!!!
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
daveuk3

Post by daveuk3 »

Mine i assume is a MK1 and its a 360 model its the one without the day running lights. An update for you as well the dealer has contacted me and a second replacement gearbox is been installed.so 8,000 miles and it would be on its third gearbox
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Hi Dave, yes yours will be a J10 (aka mk1).

The OP's sounds like a J11 (aka mk2), with the suggestion that it's only 8w old. Which engine is in it, and I assume it's a manual rather than an auto?

Can you describe a little more as to what's going on when you attempt to change gear

As far as i am aware, I have not seen any comments about any mk2's having gearbox faults like this.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

It's a Mk1 second interation if it's a 360.It's not the "original" QQ but the facelift of that model i'd guess.I think based on the OPs post been from November it was also probably the same generation car - 8 weeks would have taken it back to September 2013.It'd be an end of line run out most likely.I wouldn't have expected gearbox issues on run cars that have been produced for so many years.The Mk1 facelift was from about 2010/2011 onwards so it'd be an odd fault to occur when the cars no longer getting modified.
AlleyCat2014-07-16 20:50:54
Nissan no more...
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Aah good spot! Half asleep with a whinny 1 year old fail!
bev 2311

Post by bev 2311 »

Had my car since may and 2 or 3 times ihave had troubke getting it into 1st but I thought it was just something I was doing will b keeping an eye on this xx
mountford21

Post by mountford21 »

Interesting as I have the auto version since April and I am waiting for a new gearbox to be installed. Already had a software update but that did more damage. Now I see from your post that there is problems with the manual version as well.What is puzzling me is that I am now waiting 4 weeks for the new gearbox and as of today they still cant give me a date for which it is to arrive from the UK.