1.2 Tekna Stalling/lack of power

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Rockley

Post by Rockley »

1.2 Tekna QashqaiBought New Nov 2014After 3600 miles in April 2015 my wife had just negotiated a roundabout and the engine just cut out and went into limp mode. She did notice that "Chassis Control System Fault" appeared on the centre screen. After pulling over and turning the engine off for a minute it restarted ok. I know we should have reported it but as all seemed well we let it go. Then yesterday 02nd May 2015 she was driving again on her own when it happened again on approach to a roundabout, this time the Stop Start flashed on followed by Chassis Control System Fault and the amber engine symbol remained solid. She pulled over suffering abuse from other road users as the hazard lights also refused to work. She turned off the engine and restarted again with only the solid amber engine light showing, carried on with her journey only for the same thing to happen again. She managed to limp to our daughters where she left the car for me to pick up. I later drove the car home with just the solid amber light showing keeping the speed at 30mph. Phoned Nissan Aldershot and booked the car in this week for them to look at. I have my fingers crossed that it will be fixed as I started it this morning and everything seems ok with no warning lights etc. My wife has now lost all confidence in driving the car which up to now we were very pleased with. Has anyone here had this problem with the new Qashqai 1.2 I did notice other similar problems with other models aired on this forum. Many Thanks

Rockley2015-05-03 20:01:34

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Have a look at the earth on the battery. Some people have reported that it being loose and had caused odd issues, including chassis control system faults before.
Rockley

Post by Rockley »

Thanks for the info, I took a look at the earth but all seems well. Hopefully Nissan will find something, I assume they will be able to access fault codes etc when they plug the car into their systems. Regards
Rockley

Post by Rockley »

Hi. UpdateNissan advise that an ECU upgrade has fixed the problem (What ever that is). They have also completed the recent Nissan Connect update so hopefully all will be well. I will post again in a few weeks with a further update.
Rockley

Post by Rockley »

All seems ok, fuel consumption is up, I now
regularly get in the 40-50 mpg. The car does seem more responsive but I guess
only time will tell.
Rockley

Post by Rockley »

It has been a few weeks now and the car is running ok, fuel consumption is back in the 30-40 mpg range.However, Nissan seems to have fixed the problem I was having so that's ok.Cheers Roy
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Thanks for the update. Always good to read the conclusion to these events.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
kronos

Post by kronos »

I had a similar problem a few months back. Turned out that a fuel valve into the engine had disconnected. The dealer did fix it but it really dented my confidence in the car.Worse still, I'd also been having some rattling noise in the engine and after a few visits to the dealer I found out yesterday that it needs a new engine!! Really not happy with what I've bought and it's only done 10k miles from new.
Kronos