New QashQai's 2015/16

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

i took a test drive in a 1.6 diesel cvt today .i also found a substantial and unacceptable lag/hesitation pulling away at lower speeds .i drove a 1.2 petrol cvt earlier this year and had no problems .i have also driven the mark I qq petrol 2.0l cvt with no problems .is this issue solely on the diesels?has anyone had this problem on the petrol cvt?thanks.
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.

MikeGS

Post by MikeGS »

I picked up my 1.6 CVT QQ on the 15th of Oct 2014, and this lag is the first thing I noticed when driving the car home from the dealer. I'm no car expert, but I think it's purely a case of turbo lag, especially when the revs are below 2000rpm. It seems to feel worse when at lower speeds you come of the accelorator and hit the brake, and the rapidily hit the accelorator, which can be typical when driving in traffic. I think the issue is partly the design of this engine, is heavily reliant on the turbo supplying a lto of the power and torque, and I may be wrong but on the 1.6 diesal CVT I don't think the turbo kicks in below 1500prm.My previous car was a Focus 2k plate 1.6, and I never experienced this, but that is not a turbo charged engine.
2014 Tekna 1.6 CVT Storm White (well if I ever get it!!)...Ordered late April....Due Oct 10th....Delayed until Jan 2015!....Brought forward back to Oct 15th Oct!.....Collected 15th Oct... Happy days