Apple Jack

Post by Apple Jack »

[quote="Parky"]Hya yes same probs engine rattle it sounds metal tappet/ /
timing chain rattle. But no loss off power have to watch revs on hill
starts high revs to pull away on going problem booked in on 15 July
keep you updated N tec + 1.2. 1.400 miles on clock noise didn't
start until around 1000 miles when I had the problem of high oil usage
[/QUOTE]
Be interested to hear what they say / diagnose - my problem hasn't gone away but I haven't had a chance to get it to the dealership I bought from for them to look at it. Unlike others though mine doesn't seem to be consuming any oil... at least, not yet it isn't.

JAB

Post by JAB »

Took car in to dealers yesterday, they told me new engine needed, due to oil consumption. Hopefully new engine will fix both problems.
diablosblade

Post by diablosblade »

does it do it constantly or just when car is cold? I have had a very similar problem for 6 months (new model bought just days after release in Nov 2014) my dealer finally confirmed hearing the noise on 4th visit back in and now Nissan are replacing engine as they can't narrow down the source of the problem.
JAB

Post by JAB »

It is there constant, dealer did ask if engine was making any rattling or tapping noises before it went in. From what I was told by dealer yesterday Nissan are still investigating why these engines are using so much oil. Did you get a lead time on delivery of new engine?
kronos

Post by kronos »

Morning Over the last few months I too had noticed a rattle in my 1.2 Tekna Xtronic. First time I took it in the dealer said oil was low so topped it up and told me to come back in a week or so. Next time I took it for the same problem they said it needs a NEW ENGINE!!!I was shocked to say the least. Anyway they've put in an order with Nissan for new engine and told me that it's safe to drive in the meantime. Has anyone else had to have their engine replaced after 10K miles from new.
Kronos
kronos

Post by kronos »

Sorry I should have read the previous blogs as the answer seems to yes others have also had to have their engines replaced. Maybe the questions I should have asked were:- What been the experience of those that have had their engines changed?- Is it a new engine or a re-conditioned one and how could we ever tell?- How long did it take get all fixed?- Does the mileage get set back to '0' when a new engine is fitted?
Kronos
diablosblade

Post by diablosblade »

Nissan are refusing to send my dealership the new engine...even though they allowed and suggested the order in the first place. now in dispute with Nissan with full support of my dealership. Such a hassle. Having to get legal advice on possibly rejecting to replace whole vehicle just so I can get back to a problem free qashqai as I do truly love the car
diablosblade

Post by diablosblade »

Update for all waiting for 1.2 engines from Nissan - you could be in for a long wait. They have a major shortage and are prioritising shipments into this country for replacement engines. I have painstaking argued for a deal to replace my car - not something for the weak hearted as it can be very bloody stressful trying to prove a point nobody wants proved.

My engine was placed on order end of July and should be hitting the country End Oct. Not my problem now as car goes back tomorrow and new one will be here soon. but for anyone still waiting - good luck
hatingnissan

Post by hatingnissan »

I've had the same issue with a 64 plate Qashqai (done 4500 miles). Rattling at low rev's. Took the car the dealer in Oct. 24 hours later was told that the car needs a new engine. Apparently the engine was leaking oil internally. Took 2 months to replace the engine. Was told that the car would be ready 1st week December, got a call 24 hrs before pick up date and was told that the car also needed a new alternator, add 1 more week. A day before the new pick up date I got a call stating that the car needed a new ECU, add 1 more week. Picked the car up on a Thursday, dove in-laws to the airport (on the Saturday), engine stopped whilst at 70mph (+) on the motorway. Managed to cruise to hard shoulder, car restarted and was revving up and down at will. Managed to get home. returned the car on the Monday.

Now I have rejected the car and told Nissan I want nothing more to do with them or the car... Saga continues

FYI the service guy (boy) let it slip that there is a recall for all cars with the same issue...
pmg

Post by pmg »

I had my engine (1.2) replaced in my Juke. Has been OK for 3 months, but last weekend started to loose power now and again when accelerating. Eventually engine warning light came on and is now at the dealers. Have been told it needs a exhaust solenoid.

10 months old from new, 2 problems. Totally fed up with it. I tried rejecting the car when it required a new engine but Nissan were just not interested.

Now another issue