1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Winty27
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: 1.2 DIG-T - Oil loss

Post by Winty27 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:24 pm

Thanks for your reply I appreciate your advice and you and everyone who posted on this topic which has been a brilliant source of information . It really highlighted a huge issue uncovered about this engine after reading this explanation on this forum I did so much research. You are of course right in your decision to sell your car. I in the end gave my car back and had to actually pay the dealership to take it back the princely sum of £250. I lost in total £9750. I had no confidence in this car after all the issues I had but I am not throwing anymore money Nissans way.
I have lost out but at least I don’t have the worry of this car and it’s engine anymore. Sometimes in life you have to cut your losses as painful as they may be.
All the best for the info and advice ladies and gents. Winty over and out 😢😢.
2014 Qashqai Digi-t glass roof pearl white

ABliss

Post by ABliss » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:01 am

Winty27 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:24 pm
Thanks for your reply I appreciate your advice and you and everyone who posted on this topic which has been a brilliant source of information . It really highlighted a huge issue uncovered about this engine after reading this explanation on this forum I did so much research. You are of course right in your decision to sell your car. I in the end gave my car back and had to actually pay the dealership to take it back the princely sum of £250. I lost in total £9750. I had no confidence in this car after all the issues I had but I am not throwing anymore money Nissans way.
I have lost out but at least I don’t have the worry of this car and it’s engine anymore. Sometimes in life you have to cut your losses as painful as they may be.
All the best for the info and advice ladies and gents. Winty over and out 😢😢.
This is probably the best outcome. I had my timing chain and tensioner replaced in November 2018 (the car is 2015,tbe milage was only sitting at 25k), and yesterday after the diagnostic (all the symptoms of rattling etc came back) was told it needs a timing chain and tensioner again AND an oil pump. Nissan suspect a seized tensioner.

Nissan did not pay for the initial replacement of the timing chain and tensioner and they said they won't be paying for this either. I've gone to my finance provider and customer services and hopefully get back as to the result.

Winty27

Post by Winty27 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:54 pm

Disgusted 😡😡😡😡😡😡
2014 Qashqai Digi-t glass roof pearl white